MLB: ***Official 2019 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Cardinals down 5-0 too. Let’s get this lead up to 2.5 again

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
Good to be 2.5 up on the Fardinals. Have to win at home as we can't seem to do anything on the road. Keep it continue.

• Informative
Reactions: zmjames6

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
This cubs team isn’t going to make a World Series run this year, and I’m okay with that. I’m happy with making the playoffs this year. It’s just been too much of an up and down inconsistent season.

Not just this year, I think the World Series window is basically closed at this point. It's pretty stunning how far behind the Astros and Dodgers the Cubs have fallen.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Seems like Cishek is usually good for giving up at least one HR per outing. He's outdone himself. (here's where someone tells me "uhh, no, he's actually been pretty good because blah blah blah")

I remember when he came to the organization he was riding the longest appearance streak among relief pitchers without giving up a homerun.

I think he’ll be fine but as mentioned, it’s been over usage and with Kimbrel, Strop, and Kintzler likely out along with Edwards and Brach no longer around, it’s either Cishek or minor leaguers we weren’t really planning on contributing back in May

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Not just this year, I think the World Series window is basically closed at this point. It's pretty stunning how far behind the Astros and Dodgers the Cubs have fallen.

The offense is bound to flip the script and be just fine. I still think with Contreras we have the second or third most potent offense in the NL, behind the Dodgers and maybe the Braves.

Our pitching staff, both starting and relievers, beats both of those squads.

It becomes a contest of who’s the hottest team in October. I personally think the Dodgers have been the most talented team for a few years now, and their farm system is loaded. However, they haven’t won any World Series.

My only concern, thinking future, is IF the Cubs make a run this postseason, Theo and Jed sitting on their hands all offseason content with how this year went.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I know I said it yesterday but Happ needs to be at second over Kemp. He shouldn’t be used as the 5th outfielder, it wastes a good bat and hurts development for someone his age to sit and watch games.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Magic Number:

thumb.aspx

#49 Jake Arrieta pitched no hitters only 9 starts apart. On August 29, 2015 he no hit the Dodgers in a 2-0 win at Dodger Stadium. On April 21, 2016 Jake no-hit the Reds at Great American Ballpark. The 16-0 final is the largest margin of victory in a no-hitter in the modern era.

• Funny
Reactions: zmjames6

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
The Cubs are good enough to get to the World Series if they can get hot. Basically just like every other team that wins the World Series every year. The Dodgers and Astros are the most likely two, but who knows?

The Cubs could also fall apart like last year. :(

• Agree
Reactions: chuckd4735

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The Cubs are good enough to get to the World Series if they can get hot. Basically just like every other team that wins the World Series every year. The Dodgers and Astros are the most likely two, but who knows?

The very fact that they are able to play so well at home (#2 home record in the NL) indicates to me that they have the ability if they can get out of their own way on the road.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I think Rowan Wick is working his way into a trustworthy late innings guy. In 13 appearances he's only given up a total of 3 runs in 2 appearances for a 1.98 ERA and opposing batters hitting just .196. The last outing he gave up a run was July 1 and only given up 1 hit since then as well. 0 HR allow so far (knock on wood I probably just jinxed him) but I like what I've seen out of him for a kid that came into this season with just 8 1/3 prior MLB experience.

Kyle Ryan has been a pleasant surprise as well and has been gaining Maddon's trust/confidence in tight spots too lately.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

The Cubs aren't going to touch the 95 wins they had last year this season. They didn't really fall apart, the Brewers just got scorching hot.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

I actually think if the Nats make the playoffs they could suprise a team. That starting rotation has been around the block.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron