MLB: ***Official 2019 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

Discussion in 'Pro Sports' started by Cyched, Mar 27, 2019.

  1. ISUCubswin

    ISUCubswin Well-Known Member

    Mar 3, 2011
    20,045
    896
    113
    My Playhouse
    Ratings:
    +2,974 / 175 / -7
    Damn. This team would really benefit from ridding itself of some of its MLB players.

    Q has given up 5 hits. 3 of them had 99% out probability and the defense found the 1%.

    Russell needs to go.

    If we’re not going to start Schwarber against lefties and throw García in a spot he’s only played in 6 times as a professional his entire career next to Almora to start a game, we’re putting, at best, platoon outfielders in decent teams.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ISUCubswin

    ISUCubswin Well-Known Member

    Mar 3, 2011
    20,045
    896
    113
    My Playhouse
    Ratings:
    +2,974 / 175 / -7
    My dream scenario this week

    Cubs trade for Merrifield and Castellanos.

    Merrifield becomes our leadoff man, Russell, Garcia, and Bote become our 3 infield backups

    Schwarber, Heyward, Castellanos becomes our OF. KB moves out there when one needs a day off. Almora moves out there late in games or for injury purposes only.

    Maldonado becomes bench dude.

    Caratini, Russell, Garcia, Bote, Happ, Almora are all expendable.

    Said this all offseason - this team is good, but it’s built on a bunch of bench players and we need more talent and less scrub if we want to go deep in the playoffs.
     
  3. Cyched

    Cyched Well-Known Member

    May 8, 2009
    12,406
    3,759
    113
    Ankeny
    Ratings:
    +17,018 / 288 / -0
  4. Cyched

    Cyched Well-Known Member

    May 8, 2009
    12,406
    3,759
    113
    Ankeny
    Ratings:
    +17,018 / 288 / -0
    Strop goes 1-2-3 with a 1 run lead?
     

    Attached Files:

    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Shawker

    Shawker Well-Known Member

    Jun 19, 2014
    1,578
    225
    63
    Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 145 / -9
    How do we acquire Merrifield though? Don’t get me wrong I’d love to have him, but the farm system is barren. Happ and Russell have almost no trade value. I don’t know what kind of package they could put together that would be enough. Castellanos could be had with a Schwarber centered deal I bet.
     
  6. BigJCy

    BigJCy Well-Known Member

    Apr 11, 2006
    5,974
    1,701
    113
    Ratings:
    +3,583 / 72 / -0
    If you didn't see the game today it almost seemed like Russell was drunk or something with all the different kind of screw-ups he had.



     
  7. Shawker

    Shawker Well-Known Member

    Jun 19, 2014
    1,578
    225
    63
    Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 145 / -9
    They just need to DFA him and be done with it. He provides no value with the bat, and now his defense has disappeared.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Shawker

    Shawker Well-Known Member

    Jun 19, 2014
    1,578
    225
    63
    Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 145 / -9
    Thinking about it some more maybe an offer of Schwarber, Happ, Alzolay and something else gets it done.
     
  9. dirtyninety

    dirtyninety Well-Known Member

    Oct 6, 2012
    5,270
    463
    83
    Ratings:
    +1,955 / 156 / -18
     
  10. dirtyninety

    dirtyninety Well-Known Member

    Oct 6, 2012
    5,270
    463
    83
    Ratings:
    +1,955 / 156 / -18
    Keep Schwarber. I'm printing T-shirts.
     
  11. JP4CY

    JP4CY Well-Known Member
    SuperFanatic

    Dec 19, 2008
    21,946
    3,487
    113
    Testifying
    Ratings:
    +15,602 / 397 / -1
    Carl, I'm sure you're a nice guy, but you're broken.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Rabbuk

    Rabbuk Well-Known Member

    Mar 1, 2011
    32,114
    2,457
    113
    Ratings:
    +13,370 / 689 / -20
    Time to go back to the church league carl
     
  13. CYdTracked

    CYdTracked Well-Known Member

    Mar 23, 2006
    11,992
    793
    113
    Male
    IT
    Grimes, IA
    Ratings:
    +2,270 / 146 / -1
    Wonder if the front office is regretting tendering him a contract in the offseason. He may not get a tender after this season
     
  14. cyups2323

    cyups2323 Active Member

    Nov 13, 2013
    249
    51
    28
    Ratings:
    +521 / 16 / -1
    Carl is marmol 2.0. All the arm talent in the world but messed up between the ears.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rabbuk

    Rabbuk Well-Known Member

    Mar 1, 2011
    32,114
    2,457
    113
    Ratings:
    +13,370 / 689 / -20
    Marmol had a decently long period of dominance. I think he's the number 3 cub in saves
     
  16. cyups2323

    cyups2323 Active Member

    Nov 13, 2013
    249
    51
    28
    Ratings:
    +521 / 16 / -1
    And then got messed up in the head and couldn't throw a strike if his life depended on it.
     
  17. CycloneErik

    CycloneErik Well-Known Member

    Jan 31, 2008
    86,963
    7,453
    113
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    Ratings:
    +25,098 / 858 / -15
    He had a great run for a good while.
    And he loved to make it exciting, then dominate again.
     
  18. 1UNI2ISU

    1UNI2ISU Well-Known Member

    Jan 30, 2013
    1,715
    239
    63
    Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +1,054 / 74 / -0
    Every one of CJs problems is mental.

    Can't throw a strike when he just lets it go. Throws 93 and incredibly straight when he's 'aiming' it. He's a lost cause at this point.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. VeloClone

    VeloClone Well-Known Member

    Jan 19, 2010
    31,932
    4,456
    113
    Male
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Ratings:
    +15,015 / 220 / -2
    Hadn't read this thread since the All Star Break. Would think this team was 2-7 since the break rather than 7-2.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. chuckd4735

    chuckd4735 Well-Known Member

    Mar 29, 2006
    26,718
    2,017
    113
    Male
    DSM IA
    Ratings:
    +7,043 / 343 / -0
    Im not making an excuse here, but I think Joe's bullpen management may contribute to some young bullpen guys becoming headcases. Throwing CJ into the game yesterday with two on, when he hadn't pitched in over a month, seemed like a bad idea to me.
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1

Share This Page