*** Official #15 IOWA STATE vs #18 Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Opened this thread thinking how the hell did this game make it to Big Monday? Then realized the game was on Tuesday. Then I couldn't believe Rulz screwed up and posted the game thread a day early. Then I finally realized today is Tuesday. Three day weekends mess me up!

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
We need to find ways to drive past their extended defense and then make smart decisions from there. Hopefully the refs will start calling the holding on our cutters, as teams have been doing that the last three games (finally started calling that late against UT).

Yes, I believe we have to attack driving to the basket to draw fouls or kick out for an open shooter.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
It's about impossible to score on Tech in the paint. Hopefully ISU can keep hitting their outside shots or it could get ugly.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I'm seeing line of about 7.5 Tech ... seems high (knock on wood) -- But KU was something like, what was it, 12-ish? I could be off on that, seems like it was in that area.

OU was like 9.5 (damn near covered that comfortably, but, then ... couldn't).

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
confident about this one.

I am not confident. Tech coming off a loss will be motivated, at home, and has another guy or two I think.

That said, I felt exact same at KU and that was tighter a frogs sphincter. So who knows. Would be a shatteringly big W if they can get it.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
This will be a tougher game then Kansas in AFH.

Tech will not have the luxury of having 3 extra players on the floor like KU does every home game. Not that it will be easy, but I think it won't matter that they are a full strength.......the guys looked like they took another step forward against UT Saturday and IMO they will win this. Game will play out like the game at Creighton.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I think the Jaz Colossus is my new favorite with TJ a close second. The only reason I didn't pick TJ first is because I think it is kind of cheating to use TJ's actual body in these.
Sagat is almost as jacked as TJ.

CYedUp

Dec 18, 2021
Im feeling a lot better now that GK is finding his stride. We are going to need some shooters to show up tonight since scoring in the paint is going to tough task.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Will be interesting to see how this game is called. Normally we may benefit from a game where they "let us play" and be more physical. This may an exception where we are better off if they call a bit tighter game to negate some of Tech's physicality.

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Will be interesting to see how this game is called. Normally we may benefit from a game where they "let us play" and be more physical. This may an exception where we are better off if they call a bit tighter game to negate some of Tech's physicality.

I can’t wait to play WVU this season.

Reactions: isutrevman