*** Official #15 IOWA STATE vs #18 Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I can’t wait to play WVU this season.
Ironically contrary to prior seasons this may be the year where WVU is better off if they are calling it close when they play ISU. Usually they want it to be a physical muck it up game where they aren't calling fouls but both teams this year kind of like it that way. WVU generally goes 10 or 11 deep so Huggy likes betting that his 10th and 11th guy are better and better prepared than your 10th and 11th guy. If it is called tight we may see ISU's 4th-9th option going up against Huggy's 4th-9th option due to foul trouble. ISU doesn't have a deep enough bench to slug it out with WVU's bench depth in a foul fest.

blutarsky

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2010
St. Paul, MN
I'm expecting Road House win or lose. I'm hoping John Dalton and Wade Garrett are in Cardinal and Gold tonight.

• Winner
Reactions: JSmoove

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I was just checking. Mine says 8 points. That seems high to me too.

We are constantly underrated this year by any "predictor" tools and computer metrics this year. It's getting so late in the year I can't imagine it's all still last year's data effect, it must be something though.

Ironically the exact opposite thing happened all football season. We'd be having one of our "ugh" disappointment games trailing by a score or two and I'd look up some win % predictors that still thought we'd pull off the win.

I have to believe these metrics are part of why ISU seems to be undervalued so consistently in the lines.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm expecting Road House win or lose. I'm hoping John Dalton and Wade Garrett are in Cardinal and Gold tonight.

4716fac5-139d-46f3-9bb4-7d647e26ced9_text.gif

"Do you enjoy pain" is a very on topic question for a college basketball fan though.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Will be interesting to see how this game is called. Normally we may benefit from a game where they "let us play" and be more physical. This may an exception where we are better off if they call a bit tighter game to negate some of Tech's physicality.

You mean throwing a saddle on our cutters and riding them around the court?

Snydes

May 16, 2006
Ames
Ironically contrary to prior seasons this may be the year where WVU is better off if they are calling it close when they play ISU. Usually they want it to be a physical muck it up game where they aren't calling fouls but both teams this year kind of like it that way. WVU generally goes 10 or 11 deep so Huggy likes betting that his 10th and 11th guy are better and better prepared than your 10th and 11th guy. If it is called tight we may see ISU's 4th-9th option going up against Huggy's 4th-9th option due to foul trouble. ISU doesn't have a deep enough bench to slug it out with WVU's bench depth in a foul fest.

Saw WV for the first time this weekend and from what I saw they lack both skill and physical presence of previous teams. Hard to play Huggyball w guys who look like BB players instead of FB players and have the skill of FB players instead of BB players.

Reactions: VeloClone

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Several big games in the Big 12 tonight.

#15 Iowa State at #18 Texas Tech

#5 Baylor (two straight losses at home) going to Morgantown. Most interested to see if WVU is good or not.

#7 Kansas at Oklahoma. How good is OU? Will know more tonight.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Saw WV for the first time this weekend and from what I saw they lack both skill and physical presence of previous teams. Hard to play Huggyball w guys who look like BB players instead of FB players and have the skill of FB players instead of BB players.
Thanks, hadn't seen them play this year. That sounds promising.

Snydes

May 16, 2006
Ames
Thanks, hadn't seen them play this year. That sounds promising.
Agreed! I hate Huggyball to the core. There is a big difference between playing physically (ISU this yr) and fouling 100x because you know the most the refs will call is 25 and then working the refs over every call. Hopefully this is the year we impose our will on them.

• Winner
Reactions: HFCS