***Offical Iowa Predictions***

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
There's no changing her. She wore a Hawkeye sweatshirt to last year's game at Hilton. And I was not allowed to put a bag over my head or anything.

She must be a supermodel who cooks like a gourmet chef, keeps an immaculate house and is willing to do anything to 'satisfy' her awesome husband...

Otherwise - why would you put up with that?

:jimlad:

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Given how poorly iowa has shot it thus far this season, i expect them to make everything and shoot out of their minds against us. I'll be shocked if iowa has less than 10 threes.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Game will be back and forth and close all they way until the end, ISU pulls away with about 5-6 mins to go and wins 87-42.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
I am pretty sure that Gessell has not been playing point for them. I think their starting lineup the past couple games has been:

PG: Clemmons
SG: Gessell
SF: Marble
PF: White
C: Woodbury

If they go with that lineup again, who do Babb and Clyburn guard? Do you want length on Marble ala Clyburn? Or do you put our lockdown defender, Babb, on him and have Clyburn guard Gessell?
You put Babb on Marble. You don't want Marble getting hot. If Marble gets hot then the rest of the team plays well. Take Marble out= win.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
I am pretty sure that Gessell has not been playing point for them. I think their starting lineup the past couple games has been:

Did not know that. Guess I will go back to watching them play one game per year. I agree with Babb on Marble. Maybe Melvin and Booker could put the squeeze on White.
:spinny:

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
[SUP]Really hope we put the hurt on them this year. I know it shouldn't but it really annoys me when I hear all this noise about how the transfer gamble will catch up to us this year and Fran & Co. will pass us by. [/SUP]

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
+ White can dunk and has higher vertical vs Naing, Gibson (can Naing dunk? pretty sure I saw Gibson do it...once).

Sorry, you'll have to wait an interminable 5 seconds to see it on this video...

[video=youtube;PQ8WVCNMcDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ8WVCNMcDc[/video]

By the way it is Niang (if you pronounce it right it is easy to spell - I think it is Knee-yang)

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Adam Woodbury coming out party....he touches the rim on one of his lay ups.

Ok, for real, Clones by about 9.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

If they go with that lineup again, who do Babb and Clyburn guard? Do you want length on Marble ala Clyburn? Or do you put our lockdown defender, Babb, on him and have Clyburn guard Gessell?

KL on Clemmons
Babb defends Marble
McGee/Clyburn on Gessell
Ejim/Clyburn on White
Book/Percy on Woodbury

We should be ok defensively. Hopefully we don't look lost on offense, as we've seen on our two road games thus far.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
They're turrible and Fern's the worst coach in the Big Ten.

What was it we were doing here, again?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

A 3 freshman lineup would bring a smile to my face.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
How tall is Babb, 6-5? Laughed when the Rag today recalled game in which 6-4 Ronnie Virgil assigned to guard seven footer Brad Lohaus. I'm guessing they have better people to Babb than Woodbury but the heights would be similar.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron