Nikki Moody sues Bill Fennelly over Racial Discrimination...

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I wonder how many players could have sued Eustachy? All of them.

My guess is that the players who are emotionally and mentally strong, get through BF's antics and love him. The players who can't handle it, hate him. But I still REALLY don't think any of this is racially motivated. He seems to be an equal opportunity *** hole.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
The overall consensus I'm picking up is yeah Fennelly can be a jerk on the court and old school/demanding, but he's like that to all of his players and wants the best out of them. Not because he's a racist.

Spam

May 21, 2008
The overall consensus I'm picking up is yeah Fennelly can be a jerk on the court and old school/demanding, but he's like that to all of his players and wants the best out of them. Not because he's a racist.

To me Cole's quote seemed to suggest that BF is not necessarily equally tough on all players. But she made clear that that was based on his expectations of the player's role within the team, and not based on race.

""NEVER. Nothing was ever racially motivated. I think he had high expectations for all of his players, some more than others based off of their role within the team. I've never seen him as a racist or witnessed him being racist toward any player."

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
The real question is who cares? It's women's basketball for crying out loud. They could shut down the program for all I care. I was shocked recently to learn there was still a WNBA.

so many places to go with this but I'll just leave it at...please stop.

Dannynoonan

May 5, 2015
Ms Moody might have gotten some bad advice.

i agree. you do something like this you better be 100% right- this will follow her. allegations like this are life changing for all involved and i wouldn't think in a good way for either involved.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
The real question is who cares? It's women's basketball for crying out loud. They could shut down the program for all I care. I was shocked recently to learn there was still a WNBA.

I would guess by their attendance numbers that quite a few people care.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS

You serious dude? Come on man.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
To me Cole's quote seemed to suggest that BF is not necessarily equally tough on all players. But she made clear that that was based on his expectations of the player's role within the team, and not based on race.

""NEVER. Nothing was ever racially motivated. I think he had high expectations for all of his players, some more than others based off of their role within the team. I've never seen him as a racist or witnessed him being racist toward any player."

Which I still dont understand is a problem. Obviously if you think someone is slacking/not focusing in practice you're going to ride them harder then the others. In this case she interpreted it as "I'm black" instead of "I'm not giving 100%"

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Which I still dont understand is a problem. Obviously if you think someone is slacking/not focusing in practice you're going to ride them harder then the others. In this case she interpreted it as "I'm black" instead of "I'm not giving 100%"
I think if some of the language BF used that appears in the lawsuit can be corroborated, he's going to have a bad time.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Ms Moody might have gotten some bad advice.

200w.gif

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
I think if some of the language BF used that appears in the lawsuit can be corroborated, he's going to have a bad time.

I agree, but so far I've heard two public statements that such things are not the case, including one from a person mentioned in the suit, so I'm inclined to think she heard what she "wanted" to hear.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? I am just disgusted and ashamed of some of the negative things I've read here in the past day about coach Fennelly. This is a serious situation that even if ISU wins this lawsuit will still leave doubts in some minds and potentially will have an effect on the program and sadly there are some people who are almost looking at that as a positive hoping it leads to a coaching change. If you are a true Iowa State fan and believe that then quit singing the fight song because you definitely aren't embracing the "loyal sons forever true, and we will fight the battle through" part.

There are so many holes already being shot into Moody's lawsuit and I think the biggest one was Chassidy Cole who was named in the lawsuit coming out and defending coach. You'd think if you were going to name another player you would have run that by her before doing it because now it just looks stupid to make that claim when the player in question is not going to agree with it. The more facts we are hearing about this such as the EO investigation and former players including some that played with her not taking her side is showing that what looks like one thing on the surface is not the entire story or even true when you hear what people who were actually part of the team are saying. The interview that Ch13 did with Kidd you could tell she was holding back on just how angry she was with the accusations, almost as if she had to stop herself from saying how she really felt about Moody than she already did.

Anyone here that feels that these accusations actually hold some truth to them, before you pass final judgment let this play out some more because even since the story has broke a lot has already come out that has changed the tone of the story because a lot of the claims in the lawsuit are looking like exaggerations or misinterpreted intent. I think Travis and Heather summed it up well on the morning rush today basically saying "this just sounds like 2 people that didn't like each other and wasn't racially motivated." Coach Fennelly took this program where maybe 50 people came to games when he arrived and put Iowa State on the women's college basketball map and he didn't do that by being a horrible person or being racist. He did it by doing things the right and honest way, by teaching his players both on and off the court and preparing them for life after college, and when you see just how many former players have already come out in support of him I have no doubt in my mind that this lawsuit of Moody's is absolute garbage and just her way of trying to damage the reputation of a good man who she didn't see eye to eye with. I think the majority here support coach Fennelly in this battle but I would hope anyone here wouldn't see this as an easy out or "opportunity" to remove him as coach because the man deserves a lot better than this and Cyclone Nation needs to rally their support around fellow Cyclone right now and show everyone that this program is bigger than a bitter and selfish ex-player is.

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? I am just disgusted and ashamed of some of the negative things I've read here in the past day about coach Fennelly. This is a serious situation that even if ISU wins this lawsuit will still leave doubts in some minds and potentially will have an effect on the program and sadly there are some people who are almost looking at that as a positive hoping it leads to a coaching change. If you are a true Iowa State fan and believe that then quit singing the fight song because you definitely aren't embracing the "loyal sons forever true, and we will fight the battle through" part.

There are so many holes already being shot into Moody's lawsuit and I think the biggest one was Chassidy Cole who was named in the lawsuit coming out and defending coach. You'd think if you were going to name another player you would have run that by her before doing it because now it just looks stupid to make that claim when the player in question is not going to agree with it. The more facts we are hearing about this such as the EO investigation and former players including some that played with her not taking her side is showing that what looks like one thing on the surface is not the entire story or even true when you hear what people who were actually part of the team are saying. The interview that Ch13 did with Kidd you could tell she was holding back on just how angry she was with the accusations, almost as if she had to stop herself from saying how she really felt about Moody than she already did.

Anyone here that feels that these accusations actually hold some truth to them, before you pass final judgment let this play out some more because even since the story has broke a lot has already come out that has changed the tone of the story because a lot of the claims in the lawsuit are looking like exaggerations or misinterpreted intent. I think Travis and Heather summed it up well on the morning rush today basically saying "this just sounds like 2 people that didn't like each other and wasn't racially motivated." Coach Fennelly took this program where maybe 50 people came to games when he arrived and put Iowa State on the women's college basketball map and he didn't do that by being a horrible person or being racist. He did it by doing things the right and honest way, by teaching his players both on and off the court and preparing them for life after college, and when you see just how many former players have already come out in support of him I have no doubt in my mind that this lawsuit of Moody's is absolute garbage and just her way of trying to damage the reputation of a good man who she didn't see eye to eye with. I think the majority here support coach Fennelly in this battle but I would hope anyone here wouldn't see this as an easy out or "opportunity" to remove him as coach because the man deserves a lot better than this and Cyclone Nation needs to rally their support around fellow Cyclone right now and show everyone that this program is bigger than a bitter and selfish ex-player is.

This site is excitable (look at what happened with the Bubu situation). Some people on here were ready to burn an effigy.

I'm contemplating becoming temporarily famous by accusing Hoiberg of looking at me crosseyed in the mall... apparently Hoiberg hates middle class white people. You heard it here first.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Im going to start calling women at work *******, calling black peoples thugs, and see how that goes. I'll report back with the findings. Oh and I'll be sure to tell them I am just pushing them to be better and that it is done out of love.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron