Nikki Moody sues Bill Fennelly over Racial Discrimination...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
It will be interesting to see if the lawsuit is just a rewrite of what was submitted to the EO when she filed the complaint last year.
It is also interesting that absolutely nothing was mentioned about previous complaints to make it look like this lawsuit is the first time she ever did anything. But that is the good thing about a lawsuit. You can make all the claims you want in the light you want without having to actually prove anything.
I have no doubt BF is very hard/strict on his players. To a fault? Maybe. But no coach (or any leader for that matter) is ever able to reach or do everything correctly for EVERY person. I'm guessing if you dig out every conversation between Tom Izzo or Geno Auriemma and their players, a lot of people would be "shocked" at what was said.

trevn

Jerome Tang Surveillance Team
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I may not have to advise top girls basketball players in SD that they do not want to play for that POS anymore. I contacted the coach of one player, and soon found out that she already knew enough to not consider it.

I knew CyFan was a collection of the most important, prestigious and brilliant people out there, but every now and then I need a reminder of how important, prestigious and brilliant some are. For that, I thank you.

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
I may not have to advise top girls basketball players in SD that they do not want to play for that POS anymore. I contacted the coach of one player, and soon found out that she already knew enough to not consider it.

e3ef23b51359131729d24e8204bb6e1c8f05ab87d49d9ca84a26b9f7e4587b8e.jpg

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009

I find it funny when people think they're important. Especially when it's on a message board.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX

Are there any African American "top girls basketball players in SD" to be offended? The only thing whiter than the snow in South Dakota are the girls basketball teams!

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX

If you read the original lawsuit, you will find:

8. On approximately January 21, 2016, less than 90 days prior to the filing of this Petition, the Iowa Civil Rights Commission issued an Administrative Release with respect to Plaintiff’s charges.

It was probably after the failure of that mediation that the Iowa Civil Rights Commission gave Moody the Adminstrative Release, which is permission to sue. To me, it seems that this is not a good thing for ISU.

Jiub

Nov 11, 2015
Des Moines
Fielder and Timmer P.L.L.C. looks like a sketch law firm. All their attorneys are caucasians AKA WHITE! yet they have room to attack the coach who has recruited african american players and has had an african american assistant coach for 19 years at Iowa State and call him the racist.

What a crock of ********.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
In other words, pay us off and we will not file a lawsuit. :rolleyes:

Not unreasonable to speculate that once the money from a mediation didn't materialize they went with a long shot lawsuit where even if they don't win the dollars they get to try and damage Fennelly and Iowa State.

See my post above. She had to be given permission to sue by the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, which she was granted. Would that commission have given her the right to sue if her claims were frivolous?

https://icrc.iowa.gov/publications/commissions-functions

Last edited:

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Fielder and Timmer P.L.L.C. looks like a sketch law firm. All their attorneys are caucasians AKA WHITE! yet they have room to attack the coach who has recruited african american players and has had an african american assistant coach for 19 years at Iowa State and call him the racist.

What a crock of ********.

Oh lawdy, that's dumb.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL

Hahaha this guy...
Funny funny!

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
I didn't know what Caucasian meant til just a few minutes ago. Always learning something.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Nomar33

Mar 14, 2011
I have been looking for any other Iowa St player to come forward to agree with Moody - so far I have not, just tons of tweets supporting him #standbycoach - also Cole has come out and said the story in lawsuit is false.

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/news/article_ab91880a-05d4-11e6-884b-dfb472d1c73e.html

Chris Williams@ChrisMWilliams 15h15 hours ago
Here is a text that I recently received from former Iowa State WBB Denae Stuckey on Bill Fennelly.

CgXNgJ7VIAAlDaX.jpg

64 retweets210 likes

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
No. What's your point?

Similar pattern. Permission to sue means that they think it's possible. Doesn't mean they think it is probable. You're reading too much into the Permission to Sue; it appears to be pretty standard if mediation is not successful.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
See my post above. She had to be given permission to sue by the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, which she was granted. Would that commission have given her the right to sue if her claims were frivolous?

https://icrc.iowa.gov/publications/commissions-functions

They elected mediation and not an investigation. If it was an investigation and not mediation there would have been a possibility of a finding of no probable cause (NPC) and no lawsuit. If I understand it correctly, in mediation there is no such determination and the lawsuit "approval" would be routine as long as it met the time standards etc.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010

South Dakota Gatorade Player of the year in the 2015-2016 class is heading to something called Northern State University.

Good thing these girls have you to advise them to not take the the High Major basketball offers none of them possess.