Next Five Games

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Baylor game, even though in Hilton is where I would bet the first loss is coming.

I think you forgot, this is a scenario where it's actually Hoiberg vs Drew instead of players...I'll take Hoiball anyday. Scott Drewshbag still doesn't know how to coach.

As someone else already mentioned, I'm more worried about the @OU game.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Starting the season, I expected a similar year to the last two which of course could still happen.

This team is better than those two:

(1) Don't turn it over much
(2) Vastly improved team defense (not great by any means but trending in the right direction)
(3) We go after the ball on the glass like a swarm of piranhas.
(4) Having the man-child PG instead of the shoot-first PG or the power forward PG is huge.

We could end up in the same place but this group is good.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I'm not worried about games at Hilton, role players play better at home. Conference road games worry me as we have gotten very little from the bench lately. Don't know if we can consistently win on the road with four guys doing all the work.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I bet they come back early for this one. There's is no way the student section won't be packed for two ranked teams.

Students don't get tickets for games during break correct? The game is sold out, but any students who want to go will need to buy a ticket like anyone else.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
EVERY conference road game is tough. It isn't like we beat Tech on the road last year, and beating the officials is nearly impossible when you play KU.

My question; is Hilton sold out on the season yet?

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
I'm about 98% sure we beat NIU and @Tech. Baylor scares me, but it's at home and Hilton magic prevails. KU might not of hit it's stride yet by the time they get to Hilton. I think we could lose at OU, but they still don't scare me. They are well coached but I think we have better players 1-5, we just can't make mistakes. Definitely can see our first loss being at OU. However, I thought we'd be 9-3 to start conference play and was wrong, so why not 5-0 baby!

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I more confident that the ISU football team will win in Norman this year then I am Baylor winning in Hilton. Yes, I know the football team has already lost that game, but I'm still more confident.

Sloup

Nov 14, 2009
Ames, IA
Texas has always been a tougher team to us beat than we expect, and this year they're better team. Maybe I'm feeding off the bad feeling I got last season when I saw Myck Kabongo's first game back would be at home against Iowa State, but the fact remains that Hoiberg is 0-3 in Austin.

I'll guess a 4-1 start in conference play. If that happens, I can't see the Cyclones going worse than 24-6 (12-6) in the regular season. The only thing that really concerns me about the schedule is that both games against Oklahoma are followed by short breaks before games against Kansas and Oklahoma State, and Oklahoma is a good team in their own right.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
EVERY conference road game is tough. It isn't like we beat Tech on the road last year, and beating the officials is nearly impossible when you play KU.

My question; is Hilton sold out on the season yet?

Think there is only singles left.

rich4cy

Apr 11, 2006
All are doable! We just will need waaay more bench production. (Beating a dead horse) but 209 points in last 3 games from "the Horseman" and 23 from the rest of the team. That won't get it done in the big 12

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I'm worried about that @OU game. Although, IIRC Hornbeak is hurt for a few more weeks so we should dodge a bullet there.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
We did have sellout crowds in both of those games and the next home game I guarantee was loud.

In 2011-12 the attendance was just over 12k so it wasn't close to a sellout and the game was played on a weeknight. Last year we won by 20 so of course it's not going to be a madhouse for the entire 40 minutes of a game like that.

I agree that it won't be as crazy with the students gone but I think there will be plenty of noise at the Baylor game, especially if we're still sporting this undefeated record.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron