New Music Releases 2017

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
giphy.gif

Just got his Morning Phase Vinyl, finally, pumped to hear another is on the horizon.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
giphy.gif

Just got his Morning Phase Vinyl, finally, pumped to hear another is on the horizon.

Beck is my happy place. I don't even care if he's Scientologist, dude is awesome.

• Agree
Reactions: isukendall

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
A couple new releases....
Listening to Rag'n'Bone Man - Human pretty awesome so far....

another future one....
Milky Chance - Blossom 3/17/17
Future Island - The Far Field 4/7/17
Nikki Lane - Highway Queen 2/17/17 - newly announce Hinterland artist

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis

another future one....
Can't wait for Blossom to come out. I was thinking about driving back down to Chicago on the 15th of March to see Milky in Chicago.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008

another future one....
Man, I hope they come back through Des Moines. They put on a hell of a show.

Reactions: jburke

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Man, I hope they come back through Des Moines. They put on a hell of a show.
Totally agree, did you make to the after party after Hinterland that first year, or did you see them at a different time? The after party ruled because the TV on Radio and Future Islands guys were just walking around the crowd and doing some guest DJing on stage was pretty fun, super down to earth guys.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Totally agree, did you make to the after party after Hinterland that first year, or did you see them at a different time? The after party ruled because the TV on Radio and Future Islands guys were just walking around the crowd and doing some guest DJing on stage was pretty fun, super down to earth guys.
Saw them at Wooly's. Nice small venue show. Lead singer, Sam, was berzerk dancing.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I see Hanni El Khatib has his new LP Savages Times dropping, not sure it is just all the EP's in one LP form, kinda fun, Black Keys, Jack White-esque sound.....

Brentwood

Jun 25, 2008
Altoona
Dawes released a live album (We Are All Going to Live) this week. It is fantastic. They are at Wooly's on the 28th.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I like that he like other great artists (Beck, etc....) try to reinvent their sound a bit with each album and try different things....

Yeah. I think that's a tough thing for musicians who hit it big early. Your options are either bang out the same stuff every album for the next twenty years and keep your fans happy, or branch out and try different things at the risk of a few commercial misses. The best artists evolve. I don't like everything Ryan Adams has released, but the good stuff doesn't happen without him venturing off the beaten path a bit and doing his own thing. Same goes for a lot of other musicians.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Yeah. I think that's a tough thing for musicians who hit it big early. Your options are either bang out the same stuff every album for the next twenty years and keep your fans happy, or branch out and try different things at the risk of a few commercial misses. The best artists evolve. I don't like everything Ryan Adams has released, but the good stuff doesn't happen without him venturing off the beaten path a bit and doing his own thing. Same goes for a lot of other musicians.
I even like his album 1984, which was power-pop melodic punk album.....

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron