New Music Releases 2017

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Good point. And I think Beck will achieve commercial and critical success with Colors. I really do. Wow seems like the most Beckish tune on the album for sure. And I enjoy it.

I actually just listened to Mellow Gold the other day while working. It's crazy to compare the two albums. Doesn't seem like the same dude who sang Soul Suckin' Jerk would be singing Seventh Heaven.

Both good albums, just so different. And I honestly like both for different reasons.

The one thing with Beck - we know the next album will surely be different! :)

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Good point. And I think Beck will achieve commercial and critical success with Colors. I really do. Wow seems like the most Beckish tune on the album for sure. And I enjoy it.

I actually just listened to Mellow Gold the other day while working. It's crazy to compare the two albums. Doesn't seem like the same dude who sang Soul Suckin' Jerk would be singing Seventh Heaven.

Both good albums, just so different. And I honestly like both for different reasons.

I just saw this article today and really enjoyed it - I think you also would:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/n...new-album-colors-interview?utm_source=twitter

Reactions: cyhiphopp

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
New Hellbound Glory, Turnpike Troubadours, and Margo Price this week!

1409263598880.gif

Turnpike Trounadors new album is really good. The housefire is my favorite song right now.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Catching up on this thread...

The new Foo Fighters album is a lot better than the last. It isn't mind-blowing, but for a band 20+ years into their career, it's pretty good and will be awesome live. It's fun again, and fun is where the latter year Foo Fighter albums tend to be best. Wasting Light kicked ass because it was an unserious rock record. Sonic Highways had a bloated premise and ended up being real mediocre because of it. Way too overdone to be fun.