Nebraska gives Scott Frost much deserved extension to only fire him.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Schadenfreude is a powerful drug, but when the “others” suffering is Neb, it’s G D fentanyl.
"It's G D fentanyl"
That's one of the best phrases I've heard in a while.

Reactions: Lexclone

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Nebraska's days of signing 4 & 5 star classes are long gone. The days of signing local kids and putting them on a weight program and chemically enhancing their development are past. Every elite school has a great weigh room.

Unless Nebraska hires the next Pat Fitzgerald, Kirk Ferentz, Bill Snyder or Matt Campbell- their glory days are behind them. Their best hope is hiring a Coach who can sign 3 star guys and develop them.

That said, the Huskers should give Frost 1 more year. They have been very close to beating MSU, Michigan and Minnesota. Another year in his system and add a few grad transfers and maybe he can get them to an 8-4 type season in 2022. I do think he needs to move on from Martinez.

IMO if the Huskers fire Frost, they are starting over on a 2-3 year rebuild. I don't think Nebraska will be a consistent 10-2 type program in the future. The best they can hope for is consistent 8-4 type years. Just not enough HS talent in Nebraska and they have lost their Texas connection by moving to Big10.

As a clone fan who grew up in Western Iowa in the 90's, I think they should give Frosty another 10 years.

Reactions: ISUalways

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I don’t get the Nebraska obsession.
Living in Omaha I used to hear about the Huskers 24x7. People around here don't understand how I have lived here as long as I have and not converted to a Husker fan.
When I first started working here back in 97 a coworker asked me if I was a Husker fan and I said no. Their response was "You will be". My response was "No I won't"

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Living in Omaha I used to hear about the Huskers 24x7. People around here don't understand how I have lived here as long as I have and not converted to a Husker fan.
When I first started working here back in 97 a coworker asked me if I was a Husker fan and I said no. Their response was "You will be". My response was "No I won't"
You gotta love the last 5 years if you have any sort of social life on the weekends. I loved being in Omaha when they would lose. It would be a ghost town.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I lived in Lincoln for a year and a half including one national championship. That was enough for me. My staff gave me a Husker sweatshirt as a going away present. I assured them that it meant so much to me that I would never wear it. :D

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
We were in Nebraska Furniture Mart and the place quickly emptied out and I grabbed a salesman as he ran by as I was worried that a Tornado Warning or shooting was happening. He jerked his arm away and kept running and yelled at me “ They just fired Frank Solich”!! With his hair on fire. NFM was an echo chamber, it was unbelievable.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
We were in Nebraska Furniture Mart and the place quickly emptied out and I grabbed a salesman as he ran by as I was worried that a Tornado Warning or shooting was happening. He jerked his arm away and kept running and yelled at me “ They just fired Frank Solich”!! With his hair on fire. NFM was an echo chamber, it was unbelievable.
That reminds me of the day 6 UK basketball players all announced together they were going to the NBA. We were at a restaurant in Lexington and it just went silent and everyone was packed in front of the TV's at the bar.

ISUCHIEF

Feb 4, 2008
CB

In 2009 I was shopping at NFM, wearing a Cyclone Shirt, the week we played Nebraska. A guy actually came up to me, and interrupted me just to tell me Iowa State had no chance to beat Nebraska and laughed as he walked away. I’m not sure I ever enjoyed a victory so much knowing that guy had to suffer through the game. Yakety Sax!

I also have Husker fans at work who always make it a point to find me if ISU loses and rub it in. One guy who regularly does this also told me when Brock Purdy and Adrian Martinez were having good initial seasons, that Purdy and Iowa State would never be any good. He also guaranteed me that Martinez would win a Heisman.

That is what Husker fans are. They are obnoxious, miserable, and if they never won a game again it would be too soon.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
To this day, the worst experience I’ve ever had at JTS with opposing fan is Nebby fans. Worse than Iowa. They are so ******* pompous it’s unreal. And it’s not like most of those games were ever even very close or something. They are total and complete ********.

• Agree
Reactions: Peter

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
I was in a Husker Football Shop in an Omaha Mall, wearing an Iowa State shirt, when I spotted VCR tapes. That year Iowa State happened to beat Nebraska. Sure enough, they had the replay of that game for sale. I was very nice, went to the counter and said I wanted to purchase that telling the guy at the cash register that this was a once in a lifetime win. The guy let me purchase it, but warned me if I ever said that again, he would call mall police. He was serious.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I lived in Lincoln for a year and a half including one national championship. That was enough for me. My staff gave me a Husker sweatshirt as a going away present. I assured them that it meant so much to me that I would never wear it. :D
Maybe it would have worked out if you would have bonded with the team?

• Dislike
Reactions: VeloClone

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Do you still work with him/her? Would be fun to ask if he/she has had enough and wants to be a Cyclone fan now.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Nebraska's problem is that TO ran a program built on a house of cards, full of shortcuts. When the NCAA and Big 12 took them away, POOF! I blame TO for every bit of Nebraska's problems and false expectations. He deserves this.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
To this day, the worst experience I’ve ever had at JTS with opposing fan is Nebby fans. Worse than Iowa. They are so ******* pompous it’s unreal. And it’s not like most of those games were ever even very close or something. They are total and complete ********.
They were always so obnoxious in Jack Trice. I remember after they won one year they were doing a conga line in the concourse. Who does that?

Also, I was at the Wisconsin - Illinois game a few weeks ago and my friends and I were chatting with an Illinois fan after the game (and I think she was a season ticket holder). She said that the worst fans she has ever experienced were Nebraska fans

Reactions: Ayagi

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Their losing has come at a bad time for actually generating new 'sker fans...about the only team in the region that has an older fan base is the hoks. They can keep cheering about their sell out streak, but in actuality, their fan base is like a piñata with and empty center.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: Kinch and Lineup

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Their losing has come at a bad time for actually generating new 'sker fans...about the only team in the region that has an older fan base is the hoks. They can keep cheering about their sell out streak, but in actuality, their fan base is like a piñata with and empty center.
The sellout streak is all they have left (their own words) and that is a paper tiger that will continue as long as there are boosters willing to buy 3,000 unsold tickets

• Haha
Reactions: Kinch

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
3,000 almost seems low
It was over 2,400 for the Fordham game. Of course people praised the donors for their generosity when really they were just wanting to keep the streak alive.

Nebraska football saw its sellout streak kept alive this week – but only barely. Two “major donors” swooped in at the last minute and bought up all remaining tickets before Saturday’s game against Fordham, keeping alive the sellout streak dating back to 1962.

Tickets purchased by the donors were distributed free of charge to school-aged children and their parents, in a program dubbed the “Red Carpet Experience.” Kids were eligible to request tickets to the game if they were in eighth grade or younger, and Nebraska kicked in a free hot dog, popcorn, and soda for those attending the game through the Red Carpet Experience.

More than 2,400 tickets were purchased as part of the program.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron