Nebraska gives Scott Frost much deserved extension to only fire him.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
pretty damning stats on the ol twitter right now for scott frost

Those are definitely eye opening. Didn't they just lose one of their better recruits as well?
That program is just circling the drain.
If they don't make a bowl game this year, but still retain Frost, you know they're going to lose players to the portal. And their 2022 recruiting class is already not great.

Frost has at least put together decent recruiting classes, but if the talent level falls off of a cliff, it's going to get (more) ugly

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Those are definitely eye opening. Didn't they just lose one of their better recruits as well?
If they don't make a bowl game this year, but still retain Frost, you know they're going to lose players to the portal. And their 2022 recruiting class is already not great.

Frost has at least put together decent recruiting classes, but if the talent level falls off of a cliff, it's going to get (more) ugly
I think it was an Athletic artivle, but I read something this summer about Nebraska recruiting. His best classes had highly ranked guys from Florida. Those guys all left last year.

This year might end up being the worst thing for Nebraska. Frost is showing they are more competitive with some close losses. So they’ll give him one more year. But I don’t see any reason they’ll improve next year.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

Frost is just in over his head. They would be better off getting rid of him this year. They need to go 3-1 to make it to .500. If they go 2-2 and they make one of those bowls at 5-7 does that save him? I mean what for? If they go 2-2 and they don't go to a bowl, that'd be 5 straight years for Nebraska with no bowl and a losing record.

Since we went to a bowl in 2000, ISU hasn't gone 5 straight years without a bowl. And let's be honest, we've had some lean years.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Never thought he would be one of the worst coaches that Nebraska has ever had. Even Bill Callahan was better than this guy.
Bill Callahan was better than Mike Riley and Scott Frost. Frost is easily the worst coach they’ve had since maybe 1960?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

My Husker buddy said they just lost their best recruit in the next class, which was already their worst class in a long time. I know a while ago they just had very few commits relative to everyone else.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I don’t get the Nebraska obsession.
What's not to get? They are in a border state. We played them for many years. Their fans have a massive superiority complex. And they've fallen on hard times.

That's a classic schadenfreude situation there. It's not complicated.

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
They say the camera adds 100 lbs
187fyj5209fg9jpg.jpg

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
I don’t get the Nebraska obsession.

Then you didnt grow up in Western Iowa in the 1960s, 70,s, 80s and 90s. If you did, you would be enjoying their pain. There are still tons of Huskers spreading their crap here in Western Iowa. It is impossible for Nebby to have a bad football team, in their eyes. You go to Nebraska football games to be "seen" then in the winter go to Creighton basketball games to be seen. Now people are going because they can get tickets. They are very loyal fans, that is all I can say that is good, about the fanbase there.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Just heard about this video. The end was great. "There is no hope. **** everything. Go big red."
To be fair to this guy, it's sort of his schtick. This is very inline with his other videos when they lose. It's not like this was a dam breaking moment. He's always like this when they lose.

I still enjoy it though.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Nebraska's days of signing 4 & 5 star classes are long gone. The days of signing local kids and putting them on a weight program and chemically enhancing their development are past. Every elite school has a great weigh room.

Unless Nebraska hires the next Pat Fitzgerald, Kirk Ferentz, Bill Snyder or Matt Campbell- their glory days are behind them. Their best hope is hiring a Coach who can sign 3 star guys and develop them.

That said, the Huskers should give Frost 1 more year. They have been very close to beating MSU, Michigan and Minnesota. Another year in his system and add a few grad transfers and maybe he can get them to an 8-4 type season in 2022. I do think he needs to move on from Martinez.

IMO if the Huskers fire Frost, they are starting over on a 2-3 year rebuild. I don't think Nebraska will be a consistent 10-2 type program in the future. The best they can hope for is consistent 8-4 type years. Just not enough HS talent in Nebraska and they have lost their Texas connection by moving to Big10.

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron