Nebraska gives Scott Frost much deserved extension to only fire him.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Local sports radio in Omaha had an interesting poll type question today.

Is being the head coach of any team in the BIG or SEC better than being the head coach of Iowa State?

The prevailing attitude was that Campbell would be an idiot to turn down any job there. Of course, some chimed in that he had already turned down some...followed by the inevitable statement of "That was before Nebraska..."

Reactions: Statefan10

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Local sports radio in Omaha had an interesting poll type question today.

Is being the head coach of any team in the BIG or SEC better than being the head coach of Iowa State?

The prevailing attitude was that Campbell would be an idiot to turn down any job there. Of course, some chimed in that he had already turned down some...followed by the inevitable statement of "That was before Nebraska..."
There's so much stupid there, I don't even know where to start.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
There's so much stupid there, I don't even know where to start.
I agree...whole-heartedly. Especially the money thing where Nebby can pay double what ISU can. If it had been about the money, Campbell would have jumped ship two years ago after the Fiesta Bowl. With Nebby, as a coach you would have to fit into their style...not retain your own. It's why they been such an abject failure for the past 20 years. The Nebby of old is dead...best to leave the corpse and start new.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
IF Campbell ever does talk to Trev I think he’ll see right through him. Remember that Trev used to be part of ESPN’s 2nd studio crew with Mark May and Lou Holtz for 3-4 years and then literally refused to show up on game day at the start of the season because he wanted equal billing with Fowler, Herbstreit and Corso. Who does that? I just don’t think Campbell will connect with an ego like Trev’s. Same with the Husker boosters and fans.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I found interesting a former exec from John Christner Trucking is in the link for buying a multi-million dollar house. I hear that company's ads a lot on Flo.

Help Support Us

Become a patron