Nebraska Fans

Huskersare1

Jul 1, 2010
For as similar as people think Nebraska and Iowa are, I think they are completely opposite. I respect and like the Iowa players and coaches, it's the fans that I cannot stand. I like most of the Nebraska fans (the ones that go to the game, not the bandwagoners that wear Nebraska gear but haven't ever been to Lincoln), but I just cannot stand their coaches and players. Their coaches act like a bunch of redneck children and their players go for cheap shots whenever able.
Did you not see the replay of the ISU player trying to take Rex Burkhead's head off while he was on the pile in the endzone?

SenorCy

Aug 29, 2010
C.J.
You will be rooting for us next year when we play Iowa
No, we will be rooting for one of these.
asteroid-hits-earth-2.jpg

Reactions: SC Cy

TampaHusker

Nov 6, 2010
With respect to those of you who endured the fools of NU fans, I am sorry.

Most of us really are not like that, and it is unfortunate. With any team there are a few who paint everyone else in a bad light.

I will be rooting for the Clones in future years. In fact, I will be actively seeking out your games on TV when I can get them. The Clones have great things ahead, and I am really looking forward to watching.

Good luck!

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
You will be rooting for us next year when we play Iowa

No way in hell.

Huskers are the worst fans I have been around in the Big12, and probably nationwide.

Rude, arrogant, ignorant, smelly, fat, stupid and ugly. I am all Hawkeye starting next year when they play that bunch in Lincoln. And I pretty much hate the Hawks.

Growing up on the west side of the state, I have had to endure pathetic Husker fans my whole life. They suck. Always. And did again today. What is with the crossed arms? Intentional foul? Not to mention that they are always the first to brag and also the first to run when their team loses.

We had a bunch in our section, the good seats on the western side even. Amazing level of doucheness. Blackshirts! Skers! Go Big Red! Not to mention the Cyclones that sold them those seats. Those people are almost as bad. I sat on two rather good tickets today rather than sell them because I would never sell out to a Husker.

I personally am quite glad that the foul stench of the red mob from the west will probably never pollute our stadium again.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
I found that real Husker fans. The ones who have been fans for some years and attend games in Lincoln and away are very good fans. And are whimsically saddened that the series is at an end.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
VERY annoyed with the number of our fans that "sell out" to Huskers and sell their tickets for this game. Way too many Nebraska fans in our stadium today. Been to a number of ISU-NU games and IMO as far as Huskers in JTS, this was the worst.

Benny34

Nov 29, 2007
I must have been lucky...worst fan experience I have ever had. The two huskers behind me were the worst ever. They would get in my face and yell all sorts of curse words left and right with kids directly behind them and to the side. They also sat there and said "Throw the ******* ball!" just about every play. The worst part was they were an older married couple. They complained that they had to watch their team in a high school stadium constantly and told me I probably orgasmed in my pants when my wife gave me a hug... Anyways I could go on, but they were by far the rudest fans I have ever ran across.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
I was in the Nebraska section. Before today, I was unsure who I would root for when they played Iowa. I will be quietly rooting for Iowa.

gwoodclone

Jul 11, 2007
I must have been lucky...worst fan experience I have ever had. The two huskers behind me were the worst ever. They would get in my face and yell all sorts of curse words left and right with kids directly behind them and to the side. They also sat there and said "Throw the ******* ball!" just about every play. The worst part was they were an older married couple. They complained that they had to watch their team in a high school stadium constantly and told me I probably orgasmed in my pants when my wife gave me a hug... Anyways I could go on, but they were by far the rudest fans I have ever ran across.

:confused:

Glad the ones around me weren't that terrible.

SenorCy

Aug 29, 2010
C.J.
The Nebraska fan I was standing by wasn't overly obnoxious but I got tired of hearing how Nebraska has a better this and Nebraska has a better that. It got really old.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny

Were they not watching the same game I was? Nebraska's coaches had ZERO CONFIDENCE in Cody Green. Today's game reminded me of Nebraska's 1994 road game at Kansas St which in that game, NU started a backup QB with limited experience.

TampaHusker

Nov 6, 2010
Wow. All I can say is WOW.

These are not the NU fans I grew up with, and I am sorry they even live.

Please do not judge all of us based on these fools. I know that is hard, but really, most of us are respectful and DO care about others feelings.

I do apologize, though I know that means nothing on a net forum. It's all I have, and I do mean it.

I will be watching the Cyclones and rooting for your success in the coming years. You are on the cusp of dynasty.

GO CLONES!

Reactions: SC Cy and Wesley

beatiowa

Dec 21, 2008
Berkeley, CA
From where I was in the band, they were pretty awful to us. A friend of mine was walking to the stadium and a Husker fan stole her bag filled with things we need for game days and ripped it up, gave it back to her and just said, "Now you don't have a bag, ****er." And ignoring the typical "Go Big Red"/"Suckclones" verbal annoyances that are expected, there were multiple times that Husker fans tried to start actual physical fights with kids in the band during our marches to and from the field. Really? What kind of level of class does it take to pick fights with a marching band?

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I'm going to say that some of these stories are great works of fiction. Who knows.

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
From where I was in the band, they were pretty awful to us. A friend of mine was walking to the stadium and a Husker fan stole her bag filled with things we need for game days and ripped it up, gave it back to her and just said, "Now you don't have a bag, ****er." And ignoring the typical "Go Big Red"/"Suckclones" verbal annoyances that are expected, there were multiple times that Husker fans tried to start actual physical fights with kids in the band during our marches to and from the field. Really? What kind of level of class does it take to pick fights with a marching band?

Stupid ones considering you are all carrying hard metal and wood objects.

HIT EM WITH THE TUBAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron