Nebraska Fans

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
From where I was in the band, they were pretty awful to us. A friend of mine was walking to the stadium and a Husker fan stole her bag filled with things we need for game days and ripped it up, gave it back to her and just said, "Now you don't have a bag, ****er." And ignoring the typical "Go Big Red"/"Suckclones" verbal annoyances that are expected, there were multiple times that Husker fans tried to start actual physical fights with kids in the band during our marches to and from the field. Really? What kind of level of class does it take to pick fights with a marching band?

Did you notify security or the police?

WaverlyCy

Oct 12, 2010
No, we will be rooting for one of these.
asteroid-hits-earth-2.jpg

HA!! I haven't laughed since the game's been over, but this one made me laugh my a## off. Thank you for that.

beatiowa

Dec 21, 2008
Berkeley, CA
Did you notify security or the police?

There happened to be a police officer right by my friend, so he talked to the guy about it. The guy then "apologized" by saying he was drunk and gave her a Hy-Vee shopping bag to carry her stuff around in for the rest of the day.

Benny34

Nov 29, 2007
I should be fair and say that I had some State fans treat me really badly before the game and then towards the end there was like a 10 person brawl in my section (18). If anyone has any info on that I would love to hear it.

isugcs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2007
Waverly
VERY annoyed with the number of our fans that "sell out" to Huskers and sell their tickets for this game. Way too many Nebraska fans in our stadium today. Been to a number of ISU-NU games and IMO as far as Huskers in JTS, this was the worst.

That's no joke. I could not believe how many Neb fans were in seats previously filled by ISU 'fans' in the south endzone.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
That's no joke. I could not believe how many Neb fans were in seats previously filled by ISU 'fans' in the south endzone.

South end zone thing is likely from Huskers buying season tickets and then selling all other games. I'm referring to the significant number of Huskers in donor seats.

isugcs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2007
Waverly
South end zone thing is likely from Huskers buying season tickets and then selling all other games. I'm referring to the significant number of Huskers in donor seats.

I sit in row 5, how the heck did they get so far forward in the pecking order for season tickets? There were Neb fans sitting in the stands on the field below the endszone bleachers! How the crap did REGULAR FANS for neb get sideline seating?? Maybe there's something I don't know about...

cloneteach

Nov 19, 2009
I have not had an issue with Nebraska fans too much in the past. I sat in their student section a couple years ago and got cursed at and stuff thrown at me, etc. but that was to be expected. I had no problem with it. HOWEVER, today was a completely different story...
1) After a Nebraska touchdown, a fan proceeded to try and give high fives to all of the Cyclone fans around him. One fan politely asked him to return to his seat and the Nebraska fan got in his face proceeding to say "Hit Me", "Shut the **** up, hit me" The ISU fan was not young, not that that matters.
2)A different Nebraska fan was HARASSSING an older ISU woman right behind her. His significant other was trying to hold him back, but it was quite embarassing for both of them.
3) The two Nebraska fans sitting beside us were very whiny, and then complained when ISU wanted a flag. Not a big deal really.
4) An older Nebraska lady (probably 70's or older) told a bunch of us ISU fans around that we were disrespectful for cheering so loud around them after we scored a touchdown....unbelievable

With that being said I did meet some very level headed Husker fans and I thanked them for being so polite, but the others I encountered completely took away any respect I had for their program before the game.

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
My wife is a Husker fan, and several were around us in the donor sections of the upper west stadium and they were fine, because other than the third quarter and last play of OT we were taking care of business on the field. True fans appreciate good football, and that game was it, even if I don't like the final outcome.

We had some annoying fans of both teams in the section, but some great fans too. I for one will be pulling for the Huskers against the Hawks, as I've yet to see anything Nebraska has done to make me do otherwise.

At the end of the day though, all that matters to me in the future is CYCLONE WINS, and the class of our fans, team and coaches. That's all we can control. Go State!

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
My wife is a Husker fan, and several were around us in the donor sections of the upper west stadium and they were fine, because other than the third quarter and last play of OT we were taking care of business on the field. True fans appreciate good football, and that game was it, even if I don't like the final outcome.

We had some annoying fans of both teams in the section, but some great fans too. I for one will be pulling for the Huskers against the Hawks, as I've yet to see anything Nebraska has done to make me do otherwise.

At the end of the day though, all that matters to me in the future is CYCLONE WINS, and the class of our fans, team and coaches. That's all we can control. Go State!

That's your first problem then! DIVORCE HER!!!!!!!!!!!! :jimlad:

Jk, my wife is from Lincoln and her entire family are Husker fans. Actually, my entire family, minus my sister and I are either Iowa or Nebby fans. We can't pick our family, that is always my excuse!

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
That's your first problem then! DIVORCE HER!!!!!!!!!!!! :jimlad:

Jk, my wife is from Lincoln and her entire family are Husker fans. Actually, my entire family, minus my sister and I are either Iowa or Nebby fans. We can't pick our family, that is always my excuse!

Hey, my brother's wife works at Auburn, and he's rooting for them now. To me, Husker fans are not a big problem compared to that...LOL

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
I had a few bad experiences with Husker fans while tailgating. I was enjoying some beers with my good friends watching the game and a few of them starting saying **** about my knee brace (I had my ACL repaired 3 weeks ago, so I have to wear it). I brushed it off as nothing, but when they noticed I was ignoring them, they started calling me "knee brace ******", which again, didn't really bother me.

They proceeded to throw a football at me as I was watching the game, so me being a smart ***, I threw the ball into some bushes. As we were leaving in my car, this one Husker fan stood on the side of South 16th yelling "******" at me again and then threw the football at my car. So I got out and went to pick up the ball and the guy ran up and shoved me onto the hood of my car (in the process, tweaking my knee) and yelled at me for trying to pick up "his ball", then picked up the ball again, and spiked it off my car.

So for the most part, I think Husker fans are DB's for trying to pick a fight with a guy with one good leg, but left my friends alone, just because I seemed like an easy target.

I've never said this before, and I can't believe I'm saying it now, but I will be cheering for Iowa hard next year and every year after in the annual Nebraska-Iowa game.

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
Hey, my brother's wife works at Auburn, and he's rooting for them now. To me, Husker fans are not a big problem compared to that...LOL

What's actually funny is that I route for Auburn just b/c my old roommate and still one of my best friends from Air Force Pilot Training is an Auburn grad. Grated, when Chizdik became their HC, it made it a lot tougher, but due to my friend, Auburn is still the team I route for in the SEC.

Now, b/c of my entire family, Nebby will become the team I route for starting next year in the Big 10.

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
I had a few bad experiences with Husker fans while tailgating. I was enjoying some beers with my good friends watching the game and a few of them starting saying **** about my knee brace (I had my ACL repaired 3 weeks ago, so I have to wear it). I brushed it off as nothing, but when they noticed I was ignoring them, they started calling me "knee brace ******", which again, didn't really bother me.

They proceeded to throw a football at me as I was watching the game, so me being a smart ***, I threw the ball into some bushes. As we were leaving in my car, this one Husker fan stood on the side of South 16th yelling "******" at me again and then threw the football at my car. So I got out and went to pick up the ball and the guy ran up and shoved me onto the hood of my car (in the process, tweaking my knee) and yelled at me for trying to pick up "his ball", then picked up the ball again, and spiked it off my car.

So for the most part, I think Husker fans are DB's for trying to pick a fight with a guy with one good leg, but left my friends alone, just because I seemed like an easy target.

I've never said this before, and I can't believe I'm saying it now, but I will be cheering for Iowa hard next year and every year after in the annual Nebraska-Iowa game.

Where are the Ames police when you need them? That's not an excuse to root for the Hawks in anything... sounds to me like a reason to hit those Husker fans up for a new paint job for the car after they scratched it with their football and dented it...got to be some damages there.:jimlad: Seriously, though, pretty lame on their part. Hope the knee is ok.

Last edited:

Cyzmc

Apr 16, 2006
Farragut, Iowa
We had a Husker fan in our section who was laughing at the Cyclone fans after the game. He then proceeded to say that we should redesign our helmets and put a big L for loser on them. I said You won, don't be such a jerk.
Stay classy Huskers.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
I almost got in more fights today than I have ever in my entire life. Not that I didn't push right back, but this was ridiculous. I really had no opinion of Nebraska fans until today, now I hope Iowa beats the **** out of them.

SenorCy

Aug 29, 2010
C.J.
The Big 10 talk got really annoying. Congratulations, Texas beats your *** every year so you're going to go crying another conference.

Last edited:

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
I was on the field and two guys in particular were just ***** the whole game. I'm glad we will never have to deal with them again.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Whomever helps us in the ratings, I will pull for.

HuskerPete

Nov 2, 2010
From where I was in the band, they were pretty awful to us. A friend of mine was walking to the stadium and a Husker fan stole her bag filled with things we need for game days and ripped it up, gave it back to her and just said, "Now you don't have a bag, ****er." And ignoring the typical "Go Big Red"/"Suckclones" verbal annoyances that are expected, there were multiple times that Husker fans tried to start actual physical fights with kids in the band during our marches to and from the field. Really? What kind of level of class does it take to pick fights with a marching band?

You sound like a liar... This story doesn't seem very likely!

I sat in the North East Grass Section on the fence, right next to the student section. The students weren't very classy or knowledgeable, shouting "Nebraska Sucks" over and over.. They were yelling at us most of the game, I got the feeling that this is what they usually do? Everytime Nebraska would come out on the field, the stadium would erupt in booing like I've never heard booing this loud before. I've never understand, this booing your opponent. I met a couple cool Iowa State fans during the game and we had good conversation. They were classy folks. I like fans like this! I know that there are good and bad fans in EVERY fan base, but just thought I'd share my experience with ISU. After the gut wrenching game, our husker fans applauded ISU's team off the field for a well played game. When I left the stadium, I didn't hear any gloating at all from Husker fans. We were all talking about how ISU gave us a run for our money and came out to play. We were talking about what an incredibly gutsy call that was and it reminded many of us of Tom Osborne going for 2, going for the win.. aside from the a couple drunk Husker kids talking loud and obnoxious, I mostly heard "Nebraska sucks" again and again, how original.. I wasn't welcomed by anyone over the course of my trip and overall, I got the vibe that ISU fans like to keep to themselves..

I'm starting to see a trend with some of these Big 12 North fans. You guys have the most class-less fan bases in college football, yet many of you swear off Nebraska and their fans to be the root of all evil, when in reality Nebraska fans are some of the best in college football. Sometimes, its like..Why would we want to play schools with fans like ISU, Kansas State, Missouri, Colorado? Sure, its been fun, but I would rather play a school that wants to play Nebraska with cool fans, rather than one that is tired of Nebraska whose fans hate us.. The last time we played Colorado, their fans spit on Nebraska players.. If this doesn't make you want to join the Big 10, than I don't know what does. I know many will take all of this in a bad way, but I am only expressing my opinion.

Aside from all of this.. Great game. We were very fortunate to come out with a W tonight! Good luck on the rest of the season and success in the future!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron