Nebraska Fans

Max57

Dec 18, 2008
Somewhere on Hwy 30
I was not forced into liking the Huskers though I chose to be a Husker fan and my parents move to Iowa and I could not afford to go to school at Nebraska and honestly can hardly afford to go to Iowa State and that was one of the big reasons. But no matter what even though the Huskers are going to the Big Ten, Which i was opposed, I still will be a big 12 fan and will root for those teams to do well no matter what.

I'm not sure how old or what year in school you are but I believe, that once you've been through the rigors of school life and the ups and downs of your young adulthood, there is a connection to the university that won't easily be compartmentalized. Let yourself associate with the university and the "fan-dom" will follow.

I'm probably older than most on this board but I grew up in NW Iowa and liked the huskers and hawks. Why? Because that's the diet I was fed.

Once I came to school and people didn't know that I was (sort of) a hawk/husker ... it only took a few encounters (the reverse of what you describe) where I quickly learned to hate the fanbase of both.

I've witnessed a husker fan (2002) directly dis-respect my wife verbally and with a finger ... called security on that d-bag. Why? They couldn't take the loss -- plain and simple.

That said, in my section Saturday, people were civil - Huskers and Cyclones. I did make fun of Lil Red rather loudly. That probably ****** off a few huskers. But ... I mean come on, that is one lame mascot. Also, I'm thinking if the 2-point conversion had succeeded, this thread would be even longer and more descriptive.

It takes character and perseverance to be a Cyclone. It's easy being a husker.

Reactions: MaxPower57

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
I disagree completely. Someone is not a DB just because they refuse to go with the flow, abandon their team and go with the local team. I think just giving up on your team because it is expedient demonstrates that you weren't really ever a true fan (fan is short for fanatic, by the way). If I have to move around a lot for my career, does that mean I should be changing teams every 3-5 years until I retire?

I'm sure I will get lambasted for this, but I think there is a huge difference between which pro team you follow and whether or not you follow the team of your college.

*A true fanatic would not say this...

There is a difference when it's the college you attended, that is why I am still an ISU fan. But not picking up the team of the school you attend (as somebody in this thread mentioned) is lame. As is keeping with your pro team affiliation when you move to a new town. At the very least support the local team and keep up with your old team as an aside. If you value being a "fanatic" more than being a good member of the community then your priorities are interesting.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
I disagree completely. Someone is not a DB just because they refuse to go with the flow, abandon their team and go with the local team. I think just giving up on your team because it is expedient demonstrates that you weren't really ever a true fan (fan is short for fanatic, by the way). If I have to move around a lot for my career, does that mean I should be changing teams every 3-5 years until I retire?

I'm sure I will get lambasted for this, but I think there is a huge difference between which pro team you follow and whether or not you follow the team of your college.

*A true fanatic would not say this...[/QUOTE]

What a silly statement.If that's true, then cancel my credentials.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I am in Section 12 and had two Huskers in front of me that were great. I ribbed them and they took it, but I was in no way rude to them. After the game we shook hands and exchanged mutual respect. Some people will always have problems with teams from other schools, mostly because of the way they treat others.

Reactions: CardinalAndGold

wright4cy

Jan 15, 2007
Boone
I'm going to say that some of these stories are great works of fiction. Who knows.
Yea dont think so ! A few yrs ago had similiar crap happen to me (and one of my best friends is a Husker) ..I had never had any bad feelings either way..But they followed me and tried to get me to say something back ... Stupid they were drunk ,I dont drink at games ...Most were guys and I am female ..We all have dbags ,but man....:mad::realmad:for me this year wasnt bad ,but Im guessing others may have sat by some of these same people .

Roby

Nov 2, 2010
WDM
No way in hell.

Huskers are the worst fans I have been around in the Big12, and probably nationwide.

Rude, arrogant, ignorant, smelly, fat, stupid and ugly. I am all Hawkeye starting next year when they play that bunch in Lincoln. And I pretty much hate the Hawks.

Growing up on the west side of the state, I have had to endure pathetic Husker fans my whole life. They suck. Always. And did again today. What is with the crossed arms? Intentional foul? Not to mention that they are always the first to brag and also the first to run when their team loses.

We had a bunch in our section, the good seats on the western side even. Amazing level of doucheness. Blackshirts! Skers! Go Big Red! Not to mention the Cyclones that sold them those seats. Those people are almost as bad. I sat on two rather good tickets today rather than sell them because I would never sell out to a Husker.

I personally am quite glad that the foul stench of the red mob from the west will probably never pollute our stadium again.

They sound like a lot of fans to me, Iowa fans, Iowa State fans, Michigan Fans, Kansas State fans, this is what fans do.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Did you not see the replay of the ISU player trying to take Rex Burkhead's head off while he was on the pile in the endzone?

AJ made a dumb mistake. He has no track record of this kind of behavior, though.

I would think that a school that used to teach their linemen the leg whip as a blocking technique, would probably not cast stones at anyone. Of course I was wrong about that.

You and hawks are the same, very insecure little people.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron