NBA: *** NBA Playoffs Thread V2.0 ***

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Jesus hawkjack.

Not only are you delusional, you are blind too.

The heat don't win this series without wade taking the big needle and being able to move.

Let's watch the personal attacks there, mikey.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
:arghh::cry: NO. Spurs lost. Tim does not get a fifth ring.

LeBron shows that inner city Akronites have a future.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
If LeBron would take charge like that every night I would be a much bigger LeBron fan. Even with all the 3's the Heat were making the Spurs were still in the game at the end. If Danny Green would have packed his jump shot for the trip to Miami they probably would have won.

Is Leonard going to continue to get better and be a force in the NBA or was this a fluke?

I think it all depends on how his offensive game progresses. His defense and rebounding are already at an elite level. Can he become a go to guy for the Spurs? If so, they can build around him and Parker and continue to contend out West.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Agreed, it would be nice if we could keep the discourse on this site at a higher level rather than resulting to personal attacks.

Well, I wasn't really "resulting" to personal attacks. Tim got hit, it's ok to admit that. The Spurs got calls too in this series.

To say that he didn't cheapens your retorts to nothing more than fanboy status.

And the key to the series was wade taking the needle, full of whatever he has taken to disfigure his face like that. He won game 4 for the heat. Remember your hero scored the last 9 points when the game had already been decided.

And somehow, you forget to mention that your hero had two terrible turnovers at the end of game six that should have given the spurs the title. One free throw that went half way down and rimmed out for Leonard was the difference in the series.

As far as Leonard goes, remember that he just turned 21, and was a beast in this series. He is barely scratching the surface of his potential. He was brought in to make the Spurs more younger and athletic, be a Bruce Bowen type defender, and make corner threes. He is better than anyone could have ever imagined.

Being around Tim, Manu, and Tony will do nothing but help him. He is the future of the franchise.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Well, I wasn't really "resulting" to personal attacks. Tim got hit, it's ok to admit that. The Spurs got calls too in this series.

To say that he didn't cheapens your retorts to nothing more than fanboy status.

And the key to the series was wade taking the needle, full of whatever he has taken to disfigure his face like that. He won game 4 for the heat. Remember your hero scored the last 9 points when the game had already been decided.

And somehow, you forget to mention that your hero had two terrible turnovers at the end of game six that should have given the spurs the title. One free throw that went half way down and rimmed out for Leonard was the difference in the series.

As far as Leonard goes, remember that he just turned 21, and was a beast in this series. He is barely scratching the surface of his potential. He was brought in to make the Spurs more younger and athletic, be a Bruce Bowen type defender, and make corner threes. He is better than anyone could have ever imagined.

Being around Tim, Manu, and Tony will do nothing but help him. He is the future of the franchise.

View attachment 20513

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
I could have accused Duncan of taking PED's this season, would that have been better?

Has his head completely changed shape in the last 5 years like wade's has?

I think you know your answer. It's ok, I don't expect you of all people to be honest.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

I think you know your answer. It's ok, I don't expect you of all people to be honest.

If anyone is taking anything, it has to be Lebron IMO. He's already balding.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

Can you post your measurements of Wade's head for us to compare?

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
If anyone is taking anything, it has to be Lebron IMO. He's already balding.

Not necessarily. Jordan was balding when he was at North Carolina.

Google Dwayne Wade pics, and look at the pics from when he was one of people magazines 50 most beautiful people, to what he looks like today.

His jaw line is 3-4 sizes bigger than it was 10 years ago. He has a face full of acne. Isn't real hard to see the difference.

And if that wasn't enough, didn't people watch him limp and gimp through the indiana series, and the first three games of the finals, and then WITH ONE DAY OFF, he comes out running fine, jumping, dunking. Come on that is not possible for three weeks he couldn't move, then all of a sudden he's fine.

Yeah that is on the up and up

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Can you post your measurements of Wade's head for us to compare?

I wouldn't expect you to have the courage to be honest. Even about something as trivial as this.

It would just be a lot easier if you just admitted that you are a fanboy

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I wouldn't expect you to have the courage to be honest. Even about something as trivial as this.

It would just be a lot easier if you just admitted that you are a fanboy

I suppose everyone could just make **** up.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Not necessarily. Jordan was balding when he was at North Carolina.

Google Dwayne Wade pics, and look at the pics from when he was one of people magazines 50 most beautiful people, to what he looks like today.

His jaw line is 3-4 sizes bigger than it was 10 years ago. He has a face full of acne. Isn't real hard to see the difference.

And if that wasn't enough, didn't people watch him limp and gimp through the indiana series, and the first three games of the finals, and then WITH ONE DAY OFF, he comes out running fine, jumping, dunking. Come on that is not possible for three weeks he couldn't move, then all of a sudden he's fine.

Yeah that is on the up and up

Wade certainly did not look fine in this series. He still was nowhere near explosive as he usually is, he had a couple dunk attempts where he barely got the ball over the rim. He definitely still looked hobbled to me.

Also - what does his jaw line was 3 or 4 sizes bigger mean? What are you buying to wear on your jaw that comes in different sizes?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Still don't understand the officiating. Haslem got two fouls right away when he went in and didn't think either was a foul. And the one announcer dude was calling out the other announcer dude, who seemed to think that when the Spurs blocked the ball clean up high, lower body contact was not a foul but when Haslem did it, it was a foul. Thought they let a lot go both ways in the last two minutes of the game both ways, but I don't really mind that if it goes both ways. Didn't really have a dog in the fight, but I did say to my husband when Manu was in near the end and Parker wasn't, he would turn the ball over. I kind of like Pop but given what happened in game 6, I didn't understand that at all.

Was Van Gundy the one that was so pro-Spur or was it the other talking head guy? Didn't his brother coach the Heat at some point? is there bad blood there or something?

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Wade certainly did not look fine in this series. He still was nowhere near explosive as he usually is, he had a couple dunk attempts where he barely got the ball over the rim. He definitely still looked hobbled to me.

Also - what does his jaw line was 3 or 4 sizes bigger mean? What are you buying to wear on your jaw that comes in different sizes?

Right...

Yep you probably have it correct, a grown man's head would actually change its physical shape in his late 20's.

And as a product warning, you better avoid that body wash that he endorses. It apparently gives you acne when you had a clean and clear complexion before.