NBA: *** NBA Playoffs Thread V2.0 ***

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
maybe, we'll never know.

We'll never know is a pretty weak argument. You know Jordan would've left the Bulls if he didn't benefit from them drafting a Top 50 All-Time Player the next year, and a lottery pick in Horace not too soon after. Jordan would have left to win if he had what Lebron had in Cleveland.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
We'll never know is a pretty weak argument. You know Jordan would've left the Bulls if he didn't benefit from them drafting a Top 50 All-Time Player the next year, and a lottery pick in Horace not too soon after. Jordan would have left to win if he had what Lebron had in Cleveland.

not weak at all, that's exactly the scenario. I know you're trying to troll me so i'll give you a pass ;)

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Are the Heat, with three straight Finals appearances and two straight championships, a dynasty?

• 40%
    Yes

• 60%
    No

Total votes: 51,782)

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
It was a good series, I know i was always cheering against the Heat (not sure why, just don't like them). Although James is awesome and has really never done anything to make me not like him - seems like a guy that never gets into trouble and does a lot of charity work.

How about Chris Bosh being the highest paid player on the floor and laying an egg AGAIN.

I watched more NBA playoffs this year than I have in 10 years +........the more i watched it, it just doesn't compare to college basketball for entertainment value in my opinion.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Looks like a good thing I had family in from out of town last night or I might have got banned ;-)

Hopefully LeBron's fans can now admit that it's a BAD thing for the best player in the world to drop his scoring average 10 points a game when he reaches the finals. Vs Dallas dropped his scoring 10ppg and they got beat soundly, vs. Thunder no massive scoring drop in the finals from LeBron and they won somewhat easily, vs. SA started the first three games with a huge drop in scoring and they weren't doing well, finished out scoring a lot and they took care of it. It's not rocket science.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
What a great series, that's one of the best Finals ever, probably the best this century for sure. I do feel bad for Duncan ending the game that way, the Spurs gave the Heat just about all they could handle but as Rudy T said - Never understimate the heart of a champion! Completely agree with Magic's comment that best ever is still in play for LeBron, only 28 with 2 rings, 2 Finals MVP's and 4 MVP's and coming through huge in the clutch once again.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
This MJ sainthood really should stop. No one knows what he would have done in today's NBA. What I do feel very, very confident in - MJ would not be viewed as highly if he played in today's media/Internet age.

I never said MJ was a saint. From all accounts I've read he's a grade A *******. I couldn't stand him when he played and cheered against him at every chance. That said he was fun to cheer against and for me a good villain in the sport.

Lebron on the other hand personifies pretty much every thing I hate about the NBA right now. Would have Jordan been the same in this day and age? Maybe, but he didn't play in this day and age so it's kind of moot.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

THey had the 8 and 10 picks in the 87' draft. They took Polynice and Grant then traded Polynice for Pippen who was a fifth rounder. Jordan and Durant have had the same fortunes largely because their team wasn't good enough with just them on it and they were able to draft quality players.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Jordan would have left Cleveland if he didn't have faith in the management. Just like Lebron did. People have to admit Jordan was ridiculously fortunate.

This isn't Russia. We don't have to do anything.

This isn't Russia, right Danny?

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
What a great series, that's one of the best Finals ever, probably the best this century for sure. I do feel bad for Duncan ending the game that way, the Spurs gave the Heat just about all they could handle but as Rudy T said - Never understimate the heart of a champion! Completely agree with Magic's comment that best ever is still in play for LeBron, only 28 with 2 rings, 2 Finals MVP's and 4 MVP's and coming through huge in the clutch once again.

It was good, but so was the 2010 NBA Finals between Celtics - Lakers. Not to mention, they're the two best NBA franchises ever too. If Perkins doesn't get hurt in game 6, Celts would have been champs again (2 in 3 years). I wasn't happy about it being a Celtic Fan. But, it was a good Finals.

Yes, this was a good Finals, even though the annoying-flooping-meth taking Miami Heat won.

I just puked.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
It sure looked to me like Duncan got hacked hard on his missed layup at the end. That was *********.

Of course, Ginobili could have not thrown a pass five feet behind the intended target in the final minute. Lots of crucial mistakes down the stretch that helped decide the game.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
It sure looked to me like Duncan got hacked hard on his missed layup at the end. That was *********.

Of course, Ginobili could have not thrown a pass five feet behind the intended target in the final minute. Lots of crucial mistakes down the stretch that helped decide the game.

Duncan wasn't fouled at the end there. He just missed two bunnies in a row, if LeBron did that we would never hear the end of the "LeBron choked" stories.

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
If LeBron would take charge like that every night I would be a much bigger LeBron fan. Even with all the 3's the Heat were making the Spurs were still in the game at the end. If Danny Green would have packed his jump shot for the trip to Miami they probably would have won.

Is Leonard going to continue to get better and be a force in the NBA or was this a fluke?

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Duncan wasn't fouled at the end there. He just missed two bunnies in a row, if LeBron did that we would never hear the end of the "LeBron choked" stories.

Jesus hawkjack.

Not only are you delusional, you are blind too.

The heat don't win this series without wade taking the big needle and being able to move.

Help Support Us

Become a patron