More Pac-12 Turmoil

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I'm curious if there is a push at some of the PAC schools to just get rid of football at their schools altogether. It seems like that would definitely be the big conference where drastic change could take place.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
I see they left out the comparison's to the ACC and Big 12...choosing only to compare to the SEC and BIG. If they had they would have seen that the PAC 12 ranks DEAD LAST. But using only the SEC and BIG furthered even the elitest view that even the PAC 12 has...and continues to sugar coat the dumpster fire that PAC 12 football/basketball is.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
The whole system needs a reset.

https://sports.yahoo.com/college-football-playoff-doesnt-need-expansion-needs-reform-005615013.html

Playoff needs reform, conferences need reform, schedule needs reform. College Football has been let to run itself for the past 100 years and it’s developed a **** system.

It needs more than that. Major conferences should be reset into 8 major conferences, and give the conference champions automatic bids to a 16 team playoff, with 8 at large (or preferably for me, automatic byes, with a 24 team playoff and 16 at large). No conference championship games. Maybe even 11 game schedules if that counters the too many games argument.

As it stands, we have the playoff games that matter involving 4 teams, and then a whole bunch of glorified exhibition games that don't matter a bit.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Great article. Wish the author had put in a little extra work and got the Big 12 and ACC numbers included. Comparing only to the SEC and B1G makes the Pac12 look worse.

No one can really defend Scott, particularly after some of these facts come out, but a big problem that the Pac12 has is that its flagship programs of USC and UCLA are sucking it up in football.

We hate to admit it, but the Big 12 has more prestige when UT is a national factor. Until USC and UCLA right the ship, the Pac12 will suffer. And that is not on Scott.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I know there is a huge cost of living difference and there were several other larger monetary figures mentioned in that article, but this comparison caught my eye.

"By comparison, the SEC is headquartered in a 25-year-old, two-story building in Birmingham, Ala. The rent costs the conference $318,000 a year.

The Big Ten Conference office makes its primary home in suburban Chicago and also, has a satellite office in New York. Annual rent: $1.5 million.

The Pac-12 Conference headquarters cost the conference $6.9 million in rent in the last reported fiscal year. They're also carrying $11.7 million in deferred rent."

Pac-12 is spending nearly 22X more than the SEC and 4.6X more than the Big Ten in rent alone.

$6.9 million in rent and $11.7 million in deferred rent! Ridiculous.

• Agree
Reactions: Prone2Clone

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
It's a flight?
Simple things like road trips would become a lot tougher. Opposing teams (football) always have to drive a semi to all the away games for equipment, that’d be tougher. Arizona/ASU flying 4-5 hours (I’m guessing, no idea) the night before a game wouldn’t be particularly fun. I’m not saying these are huge issues worth scrapping it, just saying the geography would make things tough for some people

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron