Mika injury update and yellow journalism

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
The fix was in! Boss Deloss sent word to Pollard that he wanted Mika whacked. Deloss wanted to make sure Texas wouldn't see him in KC. Of course the Big 12 won't hand down any punishment for Kane. They were in his back pocket on that move.

When you F with ISU, you F with Boss Deloss!!!
BYU just doesn't get it.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
If you look closely at those frames, Georges is looking back and to the right, back and to the right.

I think we have another Zapruder film on our hands.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Why is everyone acting like Kane whipped out a knife and stabbed Mika? Kane made a play based on instinct and knowing what a big man normally does, which is go straight to the hoop.

Lets keep the knife incident quiet. If the Hawks hear about this they'll go nuts.

sclotz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
The article referred to Kane and a history of technical fouls (something like that), what is that referring to?

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011
Yellow journalism? I call it terrible journalism. The writing is absolutely horrible. I watched the game and could barely follow the writer's train of thought.

But, why get agitated over a school paper article. You expect them to be homers. Nuff said.

sclotz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Can someone post this on their board with a warm glass of shut the hell up?

131121.03.jpg

3rdGenCyclone

Feb 21, 2013
Plus, look at Niang. He is also looking into Mika's eyes and missed with his attempted double eye gouge maneuver...

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I watched the game last night (had to listen to the live broadcast). Knowing what I know, I kept an eye on Kane. Literally all game, anytime Mika had the ball, Kane was doing the same strip move on him. And was successful with it a handful of times (not always a steak, but sometimes causing a fumble of the ball, which Mika had to recoup and recover with). I have zero doubt that's what he was doing here. I don't even think he was trying to foul. I think he simply misjudged what Mika was going to do wih the ball.

GWad

Aug 22, 2013
The poor kid will not only live with the eye gouge for the rest of his life but for ALL ETERNITY !!

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Serious question CyBy. Did you actually watch the game or are you one of those people just passing around this photo trying to claim it was a dirty play?

Serious answer: I watched. Even though I've got no connections to ISU any more, I still like to pay attention. I don't really consider myself a fan any more, but I do enjoy following the Cyclones. I thought Kane's reaction time was incredibly slow for a division 1 basketball player and thought the play was overaggressive. Shoot, look at his face, he's looking directly at Mika's face. I never played basketball past freshman in high school, but I remember that your focus isn't on the offensive player's face. His actions warranted an ejection. Do I think Kane meant to go for his eyeballs? No. I think the heat of the competition got the best of him which happened a few times to a few players in this game. Those are my thoughts. I think it was a hard fought game and a great win for the Cyclones.

Last edited:

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Serious answer: I watched. Even though I've got no connections to ISU any more, I still like to pay attention. I don't really consider myself a fan any more, but I do enjoy following the Cyclones. I thought Kane's reaction time was incredibly slow for a division 1 basketball player and thought the play was overaggressive. Shoot, look at his face, he's looking directly at Mika's face. I never played basketball past freshman in high school, but I remember that your focus isn't on the offensive player's face. His actions warranted an ejection. Do I think Kane meant to go for his eyeballs? No. I think the heat of the competition got the best of him which happened a few times to a few players in this game. Those are my thoughts. I think it was a hard fought game and a great win for the Cyclones.
You're right, his actions did warrant an ejection, because it was excessive contact. But why keep passing around that photo if you don't think it was intentional? I know you're a Panther and really have no connection to ISU now that Grant has graduated, but it seems you have an ax to grind with ISU.