Mika injury update and yellow journalism

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Everyone in sports flops. Part of the game from the pee wees to the NFL. Even golfers fake injuries when they suck to excuse their poor performance.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Should include one more frame from when he caught the ball. Before he started bringing the ball up.
OK, different angle, but thought this was a good one that shows the path from his hand to Mika's eyes, huh, a ball appears in that path. As you are taught, go to where the ball should be, which would be toward the hoop. As both players move toward each other, both players hands rise, then Drago drops his, and CONTACT. Obviously Kane was trying to gouge with intent to blind. Look at his stance, that just screams death chop. Also, somebody pointed out that he is going to strangle with left hand, but I think that is the, "It's ok, it'll all be over soon" move that calms the victim...
kaneandmika_zpsa913bc93.jpg

statsaholic

May 17, 2006
Sloan, Iowa
Re: More gems from BYU writers...

Two seasons actually...

Is that true? or is it a glitch in the program. The 2011-12 and 2010-11 years both have identical stats for #50, and list him as a 200# sophomore with 7 "T"s both years. Pretty unlikely and I am thinking that the matrix wasn't cleared or updated for him between years.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

Ahem.

Technical Fouls Overall Leaders (2010-2011) - College Basketball
Technical Fouls Overall Leaders (2011-2012) - College Basketball

But, you know, leading the NCAA for two consecutive seasons isn't indicative of a history...

yah, it does look pretty bad when you look at it. I still think it is very unlikely that Kane did this on purpose. I would hope that he is smart enough not to attack a horrible FT shooter like this with a 5 point lead at a critical point in the game. It just looks like a very unfortunate situation where Kane was assuming that the guy was going up with the ball and he was going to try and strip it. It also looked like Kane was not actually looking at the BYU player the whole play, like he was looking for a cutter or help.

No doubt Kane is a physical player, would be interesting to know how many of the Ts were for taking a guy out in a game though...

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
Mika seems injury prone and does a lot of acting when injured.

I agree, on the first incident when his own teammate flopped so hard it hurt Mika's leg he was really playing it up. He then looked up mad as hell when his own trainer kicked him in the head. Then, upon seeing it was his own trainer went back to wallowing in his own self pity/acting practice.

did you not watch the game, it was obvious that houge attempted to bite mika's elbow.

Actually if you go back and look at stills, Hogue's mouth is clearly descending upon Mika's left eye until his elbow interferes with the path. It was a total Hogue/Kane conspiracy masterminded by Fred to use his two upperclassmen's super human speed to take out their bigs eye. Very clear, guys. Also, science.

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area
I didn't think ISU was out of line at all until I saw this additional game footage provided by the BYU's Sports Information Director.

[video=youtube;BsU9DTGeAXo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsU9DTGeAXo[/video]

Last edited:

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
I didn't ISU was out of line at all until I saw this additional game footage provided by the BYU's Sports Information Director.

[video=youtube;BsU9DTGeAXo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsU9DTGeAXo[/video]

One of the best games ever!

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012

Is that true? or is it a glitch in the program. The 2011-12 and 2010-11 years both have identical stats for #50, and list him as a 200# sophomore with 7 "T"s both years. Pretty unlikely and I am thinking that the matrix wasn't cleared or updated for him between years.

It's true.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
They're all just upset because they were so close to a win.. and then it turned into a spooky Mormon hell dream.

[video=youtube;jH07U70NyXY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH07U70NyXY[/video]

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I agree, on the first incident when his own teammate flopped so hard it hurt Mika's leg he was really playing it up. He then looked up mad as hell when his own trainer kicked him in the head. Then, upon seeing it was his own trainer went back to wallowing in his own self pity/acting practice.

Actually if you go back and look at stills, Hogue's mouth is clearly descending upon Mika's left eye until his elbow interferes with the path. It was a total Hogue/Kane conspiracy masterminded by Fred to use his two upperclassmen's super human speed to take out their bigs eye. Very clear, guys. Also, science.
Thatis how trainers do their thing in Utah. Kick them while they are down. If they flinch, they are okay.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Seriously these guys just need to relax and have a beer........oh......yeah......right, I mean they just need to get laid....oh.....crap....nevermind.

I am sure that over 150 years of teachings by the Mormon faith that blacks are a lessor race has nothing to do with these ******* BYU fans and their rage against Kane. Bunch of racist bastards if you ask me.

LDS Apostle Bruce R. McConkie furthers this teaching:
Those who were less valiant in pre-existence and who thereby had certain spiritual restrictions impose on them during mortality are known to us as the negroes. Such spirits are sent to earth through the lineage of Cain, the mark put upon him for his rebellion against God, and his murder of Able being a black skin. . . . Noah's son married Egyptus, a descendant of Cain, thus preserving the negro lineage through the flood. . . . the negro are not equal with other races where the receipt of certain spiritual blessings are concern. . . . " (Mormon Doctrine, 527-28; 1966 orig. ed., changed in the current ed.; emphasis added).

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Right...he was acting like he was injured. So leaving the game to go to the locker room, during crunch time of a very close game is just part of his "method?"
facepalm.gif

Well... he did pull the fish out of water routine flopping around on the ground and crying every time he was touched throughout the entire game. If you ask me... Mika is a huge *****.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron