Mika injury update and yellow journalism

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Now that we know he's ok we can joke. My favorite line:

"Not that the disqualification eased any pain for Mika, who had a rough second half. A team attendant, striding toward him after the eye-gouge, slipped on sweat and actually kicked him in the side of the head."

JHpsyclonz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa City
So much for the BYU fans who said Kane should go to jail for the eye rake and Hoiberg should be suspended for allowing it.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Yellow journalism, Haven't heard that term in a while. This would be like the major news station running with a WideRight story.

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames

"Not that the disqualification eased any pain for Mika, who had a rough second half. A team attendant, striding toward him after the eye-gouge, slipped on sweat and actually kicked him in the side of the head."

That wasn't even on the eye-gouge... That was when he was hit in the leg by Austin.

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive

It's unclear if that team attendant will be further disciplined.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
That is good to hear. The eye gouge looked bad but was NOT intentional. Kane was expecting the ball to be up higher and was going to give the foul. think about the speed of the play, bang band effort was there, execution was not intended.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Did not "look" good. Glad he's ok. Seriously don't think it was intentional.

Time to move on

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron