Michael Beasley

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Agreed. Although I do feel sorry for him because he went on Sportscenter before the game talking about how much he loves Spongebob Squarepants, so you know upcoming student sections will be making fun of him for that. Except Cyclone Alley, I'm sure they are way too classy to single out one player for liking a little kid's show. :wink:
You got a problem with Spongebob?:mad:

I think the better question is, did KSU sell their soul (promote a mediocre head coach) for one player who will be one and done, and an 18-10 record (so far)?

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Does anyone else feel sorry for him? The kid is a great talent. He did the right thing by sticking with K State when Huggins left. He gets there and has a high school coach as his head coach. The players around him are not to good. He just looks so frustrated out there. Tonight he scored 39 of his teams 74, grabed 11 boards and it wasnt enough. KSU had no other scorer that had double figures or over 5 rebounds. One player cannot do it all.

He'll have plenty of money to hire the world's best counselors to work him through any issues he might have-so no I don't feel sorry for him

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Does anyone else feel sorry for him? The kid is a great talent. He did the right thing by sticking with K State when Huggins left. He gets there and has a high school coach as his head coach. The players around him are not to good. He just looks so frustrated out there. Tonight he scored 39 of his teams 74, grabed 11 boards and it wasnt enough. KSU had no other scorer that had double figures or over 5 rebounds. One player cannot do it all.

He didn't follow Huggie to KState, he followed Delante Hill his "coach" from AAU days. Hill was hired By Charlotte because they knew he would bring Beasley with him. Huggie hired Hill away from Charlotte so that he could get Beasley. So Beasley is right where he wants to be. He is playing with 3 of his former AAU teammates - including Walker.

By the way, he his good friends with Kevin Durant and they also played together in AAU ball. How tough must that team have been?

Aldude505

Jan 19, 2008
Iowa Falls
When they came up with the saying "A man among boys" they meant it for guys like Beasley and Lebron. He is on another level of competition when he plays. I really don't like people like this though that think they need everything handed to him. But with talent like his you can do that in this day and age and get away with it.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
No because I can't imagine what huggins had to do for him or give him to come to K-state.

And he will be just fine next year making 30 mil

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

Actually, I don't feel bad for Beasley at all - I mean he did switch his commitment to KSU after committing to Charlotte after all. It's apparent he was following Delonte Hill wherever he went.