Michael Beasley

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Does anyone else feel sorry for him? The kid is a great talent. He did the right thing by sticking with K State when Huggins left. He gets there and has a high school coach as his head coach. The players around him are not to good. He just looks so frustrated out there. Tonight he scored 39 of his teams 74, grabed 11 boards and it wasnt enough. KSU had no other scorer that had double figures or over 5 rebounds. One player cannot do it all.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I tend not to feel sorry for guys that'll make millions next year.......:dull:

Agreed. Although I do feel sorry for him because he went on Sportscenter before the game talking about how much he loves Spongebob Squarepants, so you know upcoming student sections will be making fun of him for that. Except Cyclone Alley, I'm sure they are way too classy to single out one player for liking a little kid's show. :wink:

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Well, KSU hired an assistant coach especially for him, I think he's pulling through.

He knew what he was getting into in Manhattan.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Michael Beasley cares about Michael Beasley and nobody else.

How disruptive does a guy have to be to be kicked out of 5 high schools in 4 states because of his immature and disruptive behavior? (He went to a total of 6 high schools in 5 states). The guy carried his teams to incredible records at every school he was at, yet they all kicked him out without any known criminal activity.

He will play out his year at KSU then become yet another self-absorbed pro basketball player.

Here's a good read on him from the Washington Post from his senior year.

For Beasley, It's a Jumping Point - washingtonpost.com

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Anybody know more about what he actually did to get kicked out of those schools? I haven't worked in education long, but I do know that it takes a ton of paper work to actually kick a student out of school - unless it is something VERY wrong....... now my interest are peaked.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Anybody know more about what he actually did to get kicked out of those schools? I haven't worked in education long, but I do know that it takes a ton of paper work to actually kick a student out of school - unless it is something VERY wrong....... now my interest are peaked.

He is at those schools on scholarship, so I am guessing all they have to do is not invite him back. It really sounds like immiturity more than being a bad kid. Most of the things he gets in trouble for are playfull...

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
i liked him before i read that article, but i cant stand kids like him. they think everything should be handed to him, and never think they should have to grow up. the sad part is, he probably wont have to. this is why i think kids should have to be 21 or graduate college before they go pro in any sport.

CycloneWarrior

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 10, 2008
Urbandale,Ia
How can u feel sorry for him. He's amazing at basketball. He's gonna make millions. He's gonna take his team to the tournament. Doesnt sound too bad to me. I mean he gets to play basketball for a living. If u are already really good it doesnt sound too bad of a job

cyclonewino

Apr 11, 2006
He did the "right thing" because after he signed a LOI he would of had to sit a year, hard to showcase one's talents on the bench. Staying at KSU will be very profitable for Beasley.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
The guy is a freak and will be the easy #1 draft choice next year. He is the perfect NBA forward. Maybe the best player in the draft since LeBron.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
It was mostly harmless things. For instance, his junior year at Oak Hill, he and Nolan Smith (now for Duke) got into a competition who could initial the most things in the school with permanant marker. Nolan Smith wrote on bathroom stalls etc, where teachers never went. Beasley wrote on the principal's chair. The principal found some of his other writings in the school and called him to the office. He warned him he would be gone if he did it one more time, and as he stood up, he saw the writing on his chair that Beasley had done before, and he thought he just did it, so he expelled him. He also was disruptive in class at some of the other schools.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
So he likes SpongeBob. Many people do.If he can play, he can overcome the quirks. Mike also had some exuberance traits last year.

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
I will never feel sorry for anyone who puts any trust in Bob Huggins and gets burned.
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
Huggins has proven on multiple occasions that he looks out for noone but himself.