Lazard a Jet?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Why all the handwringing about living in the City? He can play there and never set foot in the state of New York if he wants to.

Last edited:

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Why all the handwringing about living in the City? He can play there and never set foot in the state of New York if he wants to.
Exactly. Live near the facility and if he wants to go to the "big city" get a driver or whatever. He also will have opportunities where others will pay (appearances, etc) that will probably make it worth it. Super cool opportunity for him (and of course his contract is VERY nice).

I could see a league minimum guy wishing they were in a smaller market, but AL can ALWAYS slow it down at his place in Bondurant, but live it up for the next few years in NYC area.

Reactions: VeloClone

Postel16

Oct 15, 2020
There was a time when I could have lived in the city at least for a while because I liked doing things.

Now a somewhat busy grocery store is too much human time.
I feel like this is easily the quote of the week

• Agree
Reactions: Turn2

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Isn’t the practice facility in Morris County, NJ? That’s not much different than Urbandale or Ames or Green Bay

Can easily NJ transit into NYC. Get a nice place near the facility and a small place in NYC with his money

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Grew up in Iowa, Played at Green Bay and now he's going to be living in the New York metropolitan area. The culture shock and traffic will be intense.

Depends. Everybody is different. I grew up an Iowa kid and couldn’t wait to live in the middle of a gigantic city. Studied abroad in center of Rome and loved it, immediately lived in center of Chicago and LA in 20s/30s and loved it. If I had nearly unlimited cash it would have been even more fun and so much easier in all three cities.

Nothing wrong with preferring rural life, small town life or suburb life, it’s just different, none are inherently better or worse. Now that I’m mid 40s I could be very happy living in the country or a small town because I had all these experiences, I’d really enjoy it in some ways. If I had never tried any of it I’d have probably been unhappy because it’s just something that was in my bones at a young age despite coming from a family of generally Iowa farmers.

Totally agree Green Bay is so unique as an NFL city, even Milwaukee is a small town compared to a majority of NFL cities. I’m sure life on the road in the NFL gave AL a good idea of what living in NYC will be like though.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Depends. Everybody is different. I grew up an Iowa kid and couldn’t wait to live in the middle of a gigantic city. Studied abroad in center of Rome and loved it, immediately lived in center of Chicago and LA in 20s/30s and loved it. If I had nearly unlimited cash it would have been even more fun and so much easier in all three cities.

Nothing wrong with preferring rural life, small town life or suburb life, it’s just different, none are inherently better or worse. Now that I’m mid 40s I could be very happy living in the country or a small town because I had all these experiences, I’d really enjoy it in some ways. If I had never tried any of it I’d have probably been unhappy because it’s just something that was in my bones at a young age despite coming from a family of generally Iowa farmers.

Totally agree Green Bay is so unique as an NFL city, even Milwaukee is a small town compared to a majority of NFL cities. I’m sure life on the road in the NFL gave AL a good idea of what living in NYC will be like though.

Exactly. My stepdaughter grew up in Ames but since she graduated from Arizona State she's lived in LA, London, Chicago, New York City and now Mexico.

Reactions: NWICY and HFCS

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Why are there always a few people commenting about a city in any post where location is brought up and how much they hate it and saying that these athletes won’t like it? A lot of simps in here. Any young athlete, in their 20’s, making millions I’m sure would be fine wherever they have to play. Let these guys have their fun, play the sport they’re good enough to make a living doing, and stop having to project your simp views on a sports forum.

Last edited: