Kylie Feuerbach in transfer portal

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I didn’t watch as many games as I wanted to. However, she did make a few Freshmen mistakes in the tournament games and Bill jumped on her ass and I couldn’t really blame him.

Hell of a player and she’ll do great, wherever she ends up.

• Agree
Reactions: ISC

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
I think we all know Fennelly gives too much responsibility to his "go to player"... if he hopes to keep these guys all together, he's gonna have to learn to adapt to having a TEAM that can be "go to players". I'm not sure he's had a complete roster with as much talent as he had last year (and hopefully next year).

I'm hoping he can change and find ways to trust all of the players to be the star and let it change day to day.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
I didn’t watch as many games as I wanted to. However, she did make a few Freshmen mistakes in the tournament games and Bill jumped on her ass and I couldn’t really blame him.

Agreed... but all 3 of the freshmen made some bone headed plays down the stretch of that TaM game. But that's what we get for playing freshmen so many minutes.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

Yep, and it was like that in most games I watched. He clearly went after her harder than other players. Great coaches use different tactics with different personalities, but BF missed on this one. I really liked Feuerbach's game, and she is going to be good wherever she goes. Some kids need confidence to play their game. Getting ripped endlessly just pushes them further away.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Kylie may have had issues with the coaching staff, but I think the bigger reality that people seem to be overlooking is playing time.

As good a player as Kylie is, she probably wasn't going to be a ballhandler in ISU's offense with Ryan and Donarski on the roster. Kylie's role was likely to be a complimentary guard whose main offensive role would be 3 point shooter. IMO her minutes would diminish with Maggie coming back and Aubrey Jones looked to be a better 3 point shooter.

That doesn't even take into account minutes Ashley or Fritz are going to play.

• Winner
Reactions: cyputz and JCloned

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Kylie may have had issues with the coaching staff, but I think the bigger reality that people seem to be overlooking is playing time.

As good a player as Kylie is, she probably wasn't going to be a ballhandler in ISU's offense with Ryan and Donarski on the roster. Kylie's role was likely to be a complimentary guard whose main offensive role would be 3 point shooter. IMO her minutes would diminish with Maggie coming back and Aubrey Jones looked to be a better 3 point shooter.

That doesn't even take into account minutes Ashley or Fritz are going to play.

This may well be true, but I guess I wonder why even bother coming here then? She knew she was a SG/Wing with Donarski, Joens and MEM already in the fold. She got the bulk of the minutes over Aubrey this year. I guess I can't quite understand getting here, playing alot of minutes as a freshman, and then figuring out there's other good players at her position on the team.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Not surprising- watching the games on TV it was clear that she was not always involved in the scheme - she was wide open in a lot of times but the ball always ended up with Joens or Donarski (more with the former).

She has potential, she can play and she can score. I don't like when our team becoming one player show - because like other posters say: it will become easy to defend. We need multiple scorers including the ones who are fearless to take last second shots and our freshmen are more than good enough to do so.
Lebron passes often at the end of games. I don't understand the iso ball that's so popular.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
This may well be true, but I guess I wonder why even bother coming here then? She knew she was a SG/Wing with Donarski, Joens and MEM already in the fold. She got the bulk of the minutes over Aubrey this year. I guess I can't quite understand getting here, playing alot of minutes as a freshman, and then figuring out there's other good players at her position on the team.
It's often hard to know how your game is going to translate into the college (and especially P6) game. You might be behind players already there and even players coming in fresh like you are, or you may be ahead of them. Sometimes you have to give it a try to really know.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
It's often hard to know how your game is going to translate into the college (and especially P6) game. You might be behind players already there and even players coming in fresh like you are, or you may be ahead of them. Sometimes you have to give it a try to really know.

I can see that. It just seems like you see these situations a lot where players go and wind up surprised about their minutes when a quick look at the roster/recruiting class should tell you something about your playing time. But I get it.

mplueg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 27, 2009
Face it, BF is a great guy off the court, but on the court, he’s an a-hole. There’s no reason he has to treat the girls like he does.... he’s just a jerk to them.

maybe Phrom can help him be more soft, I hear he has some free time

• Haha
Reactions: 06_CY

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Perhaps Feuerbach was told something else when she was recruited regarding her offensive role? She was a very effective driver in AAU and prep ball - can dribble with either hand (not too common) and very quick first step.
To use her as just a 3 pt shooter would be wasting her, IMO. Maybe she thought the same.

Reactions: cyputz and ISC

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I find it interesting that so many keep resorting to the “Bill is an *******” mantra. Watch coaches out there like auriemma or Mulkey. Pat Summit used to terrify me as a spectator. There are lots of coaches that get in the faces of their players. I really can’t think of any that hold their hands and sing Kumbaya to make them feel better in a game. You also don’t know WHY coach might be getting on them. What happened in practice? How many times did they go over something in practice only to have a player blow it in the game?

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Well there is a difference between what Bill does and a lot of other coaches. He either crosses the line or goes so far up to it, it causes problems.

I'll just agree to disagree. Bill isn’t any different than other coaches IMO. You don’t have to like it, but it’s the reality of women's basketball. Here’s a reminder of what one of the greatest of all time was like.
59C9AA0E-F0A2-4E8C-B306-9234692E8A47.jpeg

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I'll just agree to disagree. Bill isn’t any different than other coaches IMO. You don’t have to like it, but it’s the reality of women's basketball.

The part that people don't like to say out loud is that their real problem is a male coach yelling at female players. It's perfectly okay for a female coach to yell at female players.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Well there is a difference between what Bill does and a lot of other coaches. He either crosses the line or goes so far up to it, it causes problems.
I agree with you. All coaches get on the players from time to time and that's fine but CBF in my view has a way that appears to demean them or almost embarrass them. And yes he does have his favorites who escape that type of treatment on the bench. Now how he is in practice, I don't know. Maybe totally different. Hate to lose her. Go Cyclones.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron