Kylie Feuerbach in transfer portal

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
IIRC Darcie’s parents had an idea that she should be a starter. She was not a division I starting player material.
Youngblut: dismissed after punching someone during an altercation (at a bar IIRC)
I didn't include either because Darcie was slightly before that time period and Melissa was a walk-on.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
IIRC Darcie’s parents had an idea that she should be a starter. She was not a division I starting player material.
Youngblut: dismissed after punching someone during an altercation (at a bar IIRC)

Her leaving was due to her father who felt she should have been starting when she first arrived. Sat near her family when we went to the tourney in the VI and talked with him after one of the games. and he was very upset that HIS daughter was not playing ahead of players who had a couple years experience and knew tyhe system. IIRC she left right after the tourney.

Hope Kylie finds a school (that we don't have to play against) that she will be able to pursue her talents. Will miss her but we have players who I feel will step in and we will be as strong as we were this year.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and VeloClone

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Additions:
Claire Ricketts - Graduated with a year of eligibility left and opted not to go to grad school.
Jadda Buckley - Graduated with a year of eligibility left and opted not to go to grad school.
Rosie Gambino - Announced she was transferring before practice even started. Went to Wisconsin, where she sat another year with a foot injury and then played one season, averaging 1.1 ppg. She was a juco, so she'd had 5 years of school at that point.
Emiah Bingley - transferred to FSU. Averaged 5.3 ppg and 33% 3pt shooting in three seasons there. (Note: it sounded like an interpersonal issue within the team -- her dad was very complimentary of Bill when she left.)
Jess Schroll - This one killed me, and I'm still pissed at Bill for it ten years later. Transferred to Central Michigan. She played most of a season at CMU (she transferred at semester and opted to play most of the following season instead of sitting out a full season to play a full season), averaging 10.3 ppg.

What about the home school girl from Texas. Williams maybe?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
It is funny how the people aren't saying anything negative about coaches around the country that have 2-4 guys transfer in the men's portal, but we have one of our own transfer and people start pointing figures at our coach. Folks you may think he is abrasive and he does coach him hard, but if you really want to know what it is like to play for him ask former players. I have never heard a coach as revered by his former players than Coach Fennelly. Players are transferring all over the country, relax. Yeah we wish she would have stayed, but stop trying to make up blame.

I don't disagree with you but we also aren't discussing men's hoops here. I would like to see how Iowa States transfers compare to the rest of the power conference schools.

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
This is pure speculation, but one thing I've noticed with Bill is his treatment of players can seem a bit inconsistent at times. I think there are always a few that are pretty well above reproach, while there are others he's on constantly. The guy knows what he's doing, and I have no doubt it's done purposefully to try and maximize players' potential. But when you watch on the sideline you see some players get yanked and chewed out for mistakes, while others aren't. And I can't help but think the players notice that as well.

It seemed to me Kylie kind of fell into this. I saw him getting on her much more than Ryan and Donarski.
Definitely agree. Of the several games I saw late in the year, KF seemed to be Bill's whipping girl this year. Whether she'd transfer crossed my mind at that time too. I've had tough coaches in my life that I really liked, but I don't think I'd stick around for this treatment, either. That may an uneducated/not-fully-informed take on the situation, but it's what crossed my mind while watching.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Whitney Williams. Her and Jess Schroll were the 'hot-button' transfers when I was in school (2009-13)

I think with Williams it was a combination style and language - I think she was rather religious, but how do you not know BF is a profanity machine. Schroll was a interesting issue. I believe JP flew home early from the Pinstripe Bowl to have a discussion with BF. I remember a home game vs Baylor where team didn't take the floor until a few minutes before the game.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I think with Williams it was a combination style and language - I think she was rather religious, but how do you not know BF is a profanity machine. Schroll was a interesting issue. I believe JP flew home early from the Pinstripe Bowl to have a discussion with BF. I remember a home game vs Baylor where team didn't take the floor until a few minutes before the game.

I hadn't heard the tidbit about JP having a talk with BF. That wasn't a great situation from what little I remember.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

You'll right about the whole Schroll thing. It was different because she spoke out and took a position and didn't just issue the generic feel good statement.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
You'll right about the whole Schroll thing. It was different because she spoke out and took a position and didn't just issue the generic feel good statement.
And I think it was overall a bad time for the program: BF was in treatment for his throat cancer. I think the atmosphere during the game was truly subdued

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
Jess Schroll was a super hardworking, blue collar type player. When she initially wanted to leave, her parents talked her out of it and came to watch a game (from Michigan). They saw first hand how she was treated - after the game, they helped pack her bags.

• Informative
Reactions: drmwevr08

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
I don't disagree with you but we also aren't discussing men's hoops here. I would like to see how Iowa States transfers compare to the rest of the power conference schools.
Shaina Pellington and Chelsea Dungee were both Big 12 Freshman of the Year at Oklahoma, both transferred. Pellington to Arizona, and Dungee to Arkansas.

This year as of today, the number of players in the portal:
Big 12
Baylor - 1
ISU - 2
Kansas - 3
Kansas Sate -3
Oklahoma - 1 (could see more once they hire a new coach)
OSU - 1
Texas - 3
TCU - 1
Texas Tech - 7
West Virginia - 5

Average per school - 2.7

Here are some others that are/were "big" names in WCBB
Arizona - 1
Arkansas - 5
Connecticut - 1
Duke - 6
Louisville - 2
Mississippi State - 7 (recent Final Four and National Runner-up)
NC State - 3 (# 1 seed this year)
Notre Dame - 3 (recent National Champion)
South Carolina - 0
Syracuse - 10 (recent Final Four)
Oregon State - 3 (recent Final Four)
Purdue - 6
Rutgers - 3

Last edited: