KU Forum Really Hates Iowa State - Sweet 16 Regional in Chicago

Any chance that you are rooting for KU to win over Providence?

• Yeah, hard NO

Votes: 294 78.8%
  • Sure?

Votes: 79 21.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
My dream is that we beat them next round because the refs count an ISU shot we make during halftime when KU isn't even playing basketball and then we can shake hands with them and call it even.

Either that or Brockington picks up his fifth foul intentionally, but they give the foul to a player who was 20 feet away from the play instead. Then Brockington ends up hitting the game winner because he's still in the game even though he tried to foul out on purpose.

I need a scenario like that in a big game and we can then agree with their "happens to everybody" nonsense.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Never understood why anyone would root for a conference. Why would you cheer on the competition? **** Kansas.

Big 12 has more than proven itself. Easily best conference the past decade since dead weight teams left (Neb/CU), WVU joined, and TCU surprisingly improved to be better than any team that left. Won't get any easier with Houston/Cincy/BYU either.

In that scenario there's no need to cheer for a team like Kansas that plays fake WWE scripted entertainment sports instead of actual basketball games. At least in conference that's how I'd describe it.

In football with OU/Texas leaving I definitely am going to pull for all the Big 12 teams and even hope Kansas stops being the worst football team in FBS every year.

Reactions: CRcyclone6

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Only thing that would scare me about Providence is that they are really good at drawing fouls. But other than that it seems like the kind of team ISU would do very well against.

Reactions: SLCyclone

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I want
Never understood why anyone would root for a conference. Why would you cheer on the competition? **** Kansas.

B12 success yield better TV contracts and more money for ISU in the long run.

I don't think we can beat KU in the Elite 8, but we'll be playing with house money by then and I think it'll be a tight game.

• Winner
Reactions: Jkclone15

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Only thing that would scare me about Providence is that they are really good at drawing fouls. But other than that it seems like the kind of team ISU would do very well against.

They do seem like possibly underseeded 4 seed. KU didn't get an easy Sweet 16 draw for a 1 even though they will be home team.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
I want

B12 success yield better TV contracts and more money for ISU in the long run.

I don't think we can beat KU in the Elite 8, but we'll be playing with house money by then and I think it'll be a tight game.

If you're taking an overall success lifting all programs approach, I'd argue you should still boo the **** out of Kansas for holding the conference back with the worst football program in the country.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
They do seem like possibly underseeded 4 seed. KU didn't get an easy Sweet 16 draw for a 1 even though they will be home team.
Underseeded? They are the worst 4 seed. 33rd on KenPom and 36th on Torvik. That is about as a good of draw as you can ask for as a 1 seed playing a 4.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Anyone have a clip of this goaltend?

Those folks are rather annoying (some anyway). Sounds though like they've run into quite a few a-hole ISU fans, which is unfortunate. Not surprising though given that the non sports nonsense on here has me hating quite a few of you **** heads too. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: stateofmind

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I want to play KU because beating them eliminates any talk about "what if" we had played them instead of Providence.

However, I don't presume that a few KU fans posting on a fan site represent their fanbase . . . or that our folks who go to their fan site represent our fanbase.

Reactions: t-noah

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I want to play KU because beating them eliminates any talk about "what if" we had played them instead of Providence.

However, I don't presume that a few KU fans posting on a fan site represent their fanbase . . . or that our folks who go to their fan site represent our fanbase.
From my experience being around KU fans, most aren't like those posters, but it's more than you think.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Jeez, apparently our fanbase is really living rent free in the heads of angry KU fans. Haha! (But they don't care about ISU they say? ... LOL, yeah right!)
*I also love how they forget all about the game in Lawrence this year and the obvious goaltend miss call that clearly stole the game late from ISU. Funny, I was in attendance and the BOO birds were strong from THEM that entire game.

Such disrespect from them. The feeling is mutual, we despise them too. They DON'T want to see our team in the Elite 8.

But, they did get one consensus correct about the regional final/weekend, we're not going to root for them.

Personally, I am going to worry about Miami, because they are the team standing in the way of our guys.

CYCLONE WARNING!!

View attachment 97123
This question is likely to cause me a game long existential crisis. On one hand, a Big 12 regional final to get to the Final Four would be cool. It's also a team I know we can match up with and beat if we play well. On the other hand, it's KU

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Underseeded? They are the worst 4 seed. 33rd on KenPom and 36th on Torvik. That is about as a good of draw as you can ask for as a 1 seed playing a 4.

Talking about actually seeing their performance.

Same way I dont think ISU is the 44th best team and Iowa is 20th.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I personally don't mind KU and will cheer for them to beat Providence.

Plus assuming we beat Miami and play KU one of two outcomes happen:
1. We beat KU to go to the FF
2. We lose to KU but we still went undefeated in the Non-con.

'1' before your 1.: ISU made it to the ****ing Sweet Sixteen. :)

Reactions: isufbcurt

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
they really dont want to play us

imagine that fanbase losing to iowa state for a trip to the final 4. oh baby.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron