Korie Lucious commits to Iowa State

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
final four in 2012? i think so

Because we picked up a guard who can't shoot straight and has averaged under 5 PPG in 3 seasons?

/facepalm

On top of it, he's a one year guy. I'm not understanding this move. You can't tell me we could find someone just as good or better without all the baggage.

Reactions: cyismydog

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
I bet Final42b is gonna be ******

LOL im not mad, im just not excited I dont think he is all that special. Nonetheless I will trust Fred's judgement.

BTW Perrault is talking a lot of **** right now on his radio show about this. When is the piece of crap going to leave?

Reactions: AlleyAddict

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Because we picked up a guard who can't shoot straight and has averaged under 5 PPG in 3 seasons?

/facepalm

On top of it, he's a one year guy. I'm not understanding this move. You can't tell me we could find someone just as good or better without all the baggage.

That is something that Fred can work on. Having senior PG with Final Four experience is tremendous asset to our young guards next year.

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Anyone who doesn't think Lucious is very special, you gotta watch this:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3_bcJyAaI4]YouTube - Korie Lucious Game Winning Buzzer Beater vs Maryland[/ame]
Who wouldn't want him? Especially with the lousy game endings we've had this year.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I would hate to think that Fred could teach a guy to shoot better :jimlad:

I love the idea of having an experienced, highly-successful PG teaching the young guys how to play the point. I think his experience will mean more in that regard than we really fathom right now.

apcyclone

Dec 27, 2010
Aurora, IL
He has played on two final four teams... The experience alone in big games, is exactly what we need. The scoring will come. DG wasn't much of a scorer the last few years either. Now he avg's 17 points a game. Not to mention Lucious will have a whole year to get his scoring together. Excellent pick up.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
You know, I pretty much did not care one way or the other if he decided to show up here or not. Now that he has decided, I'm filled with excitement. Having guys transfer in is fun!

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Always good to hear good news in term of MBB - many years we just got to hear about the people leaving..... I like this better

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Time to start winning again! Big pick up. I look forward to finishing in the Top 3 of the conference for the next couple of years.... where we belong.

Hoiberg just doesn't want to get to the NCAAs again...he wants to win the freaking conference and make major noise in the Tourney. His connections...his style....his staff is bringing in players now. I see us getting really selective in HS recruiting real soon too. KL-this is a great place to play hoops.... we have AMAZING Alumni/fan support at HILTON...even with this "sub-par" conference season....we have put butts in the seats...ISU will eventually see outstanding seasons again under Hoiberg.

Go Cyclones!

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
Bubu will still be on the team at that time barring him quitting, which I doubt.

We won't go 11 deep. And by then we will have other guard commitments. That is why I took him off there. No disrespect to him but he won't see the floor by then.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
As long as we're on a roll, may as well go ahead and get Steve Dillon into the fold. :wink:

And win tonight. :biggrin:

The future of this program just keeps looking brighter and brither under CFH. Now, time for him to get rolling on the high school prospects.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Hopefully we can add Elgin Cook to that 2012-2013 line-up!!

not sure he's a priority now.
I think I'd go
1 Oroko-more of a 3 gaurd/SF
2 Dingle-low post scorer
3 Gesell-shooter (and we'd need a slot to open to add 3)
before Cook. Not that he's not a talent but I think our needs have changed.
If we got those 3 Jok in 13 would work nicely Ejim's Senior year. Now if Cook
were to recommit tomorrow I'd be fine with that as well.

Last edited:

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
2013 Big 12 (10?) Champs

I would say we will have a talent upgrade.. but minus DG and JVB.. we would still be somewere around 4-5th in the league for talent.

Texas, KU, mizzou, and maybe Texas AM and kSU will still be more 'talented'

BUT is a HUGE HUGE HUGE upgrade and lots and lots to look forward to. This just got me more jacked for tonight.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron