Knott and Klein

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
When you shutout, no matter the margin of victory, you're doing something right. :yes:

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Lenoard Johnson has been pretty quite thus far. Klein and Knott are going to be a great combo in years to come though. Add JG in to that too.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Lenoard Johnson has been pretty quite thus far. Klein and Knott are going to be a great combo in years to come though. Add JG in to that too.

The less you hear out of a lockdown corner the better. It means his man isn't getting open for the most part and they're not even trying to throw his way. Deandre Jackson's last year was the same way before his knee injury.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
The less you hear out of a lockdown corner the better. It means his man isn't getting open for the most part and they're not even trying to throw his way. Deandre Jackson's last year was the same way before his knee injury.
I guess your probably right. Lenoard has been beatin down feild a couple times this year pretty bad though. Nothing horrible yet though.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Reeves looks a lot better than any other corner we have.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
LJ has been beaten a few times. I think Benton has done pretty well. Reeves as well. IMO, Anthony Young needs to step it up. There is NO doubt that Reeves is at least our 3rd best CB. But who is the 4th?

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant
Knott and Klein have a VERY BRIGHT future here at Iowa State. They have grown in huge leaps and bounds since last year and will only improve.

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Knott and Klein have a VERY BRIGHT future here at Iowa State. They have grown in huge leaps and bounds since last year and will only improve.

Knott, Klein, Ruempolhamer have been our most consistent defenders while McDonough, O'Connell, T'R Benton, Reeves, Sims have made some big plays. IMO, Parker seems slow and maybe is not fully back from his knee surgery. LJ played decent last night but his atrocious games vs iowa and kstate are still too fresh.

Yes13

Oct 9, 2009
LJ has been beaten a few times. I think Benton has done pretty well. Reeves as well. IMO, Anthony Young needs to step it up. There is NO doubt that Reeves is at least our 3rd best CB. But who is the 4th?

LJ is still the best. He had a couple plays where he was just a step late to a pick. I'm gonna say Reeves is our second best cover corner, while Benton is our most versatile, and very valuable to our team playing the nickle. Anthony Young had an alright game, IMO. He had 2 PI calls, but both were questionable. The first he had perfect coverage, but the reciever boxed him out very well. The second one should have never even had a flag thrown. I'd rather have the corner get a PI than be 5 yards behind the reciever.