Knife Set Question

Mrs.ISUFan22

Dec 11, 2006
Grimes, IA
So I'm having a Pampered Chef party next month and we need a good knife set. Pampered Chef has one but it's $400, granted I'm not paying that much (getting it for 60% off) but wanted to know if anyone has this and if its a good deal?

Is there a better knife set out there for cheaper, that's good and will last? :confused:

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Cutco. Great product. Still use it daily.... still as sharp as day one.

-keep.

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Seriously the Cutco knives we have are amazing.

the best meat carver, best meat trimmer, best chef's knife, best scissors and best hunting knife I have ever owned. bought them 93'ish? still in great shape.

-keep.

yCy

Apr 12, 2006
I agree with keepngoal that Cutco has a good product. I've had my set for 10+ years and it's still sharp. I doubt if a set would be cheaper than Pampered Chef, though. Another brand that I like the paring knife, is Rada Cutlery. Be warned that the dishwasher will darken it's silver handle.

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I've looked at some of the suggestions here and there seem to be cheaper sets out there that look good. Thanks everyone!

My suggestion is to make the leap for a better product, not a cheaper product ... one that will last forever.

-keep

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
My suggestion is to make the leap for a better product, not a cheaper product ... one that will last forever.

-keep

I think that was her point, better product but less than this Pampered Chef stuff.

We have a mediocre set and want to get one that will last. Cost is an issue, but I have no problem forking over money for a good set.

Reactions: keepngoal

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
Cutco. Great product. Still use it daily.... still as sharp as day one.

-keep.

Cutco...(vector marketing just googled it)...ha those the ones sold by door to door sales men? I remember taking an interview when I was like 17 with an opportunity to make big money. Basically sell to your family ask for 5 names and so on and so on. And you had to buy the knife set for like $175 bucks :biglaugh:...I passed but they did seem like good knives.