Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Let me spell out this timeline once more so that Hawks can correct any inaccuracies.

Early 2019- investigation finds discrimination in Iowa’s football program. The let guys wear hoodies and form a committee

Late 2019- Kirk doesn’t bother to call the committee to meeting anymore because he doesn’t think it is a big deal

mid 2020- 70 players claim discrimination in the Iowa football program. 2nd investigation ensues.

July 2020- Investigation finds discrimination in Iowa football program again. Kirk let’s guys have twitter and another committee is assembled

Jan 2021- Committee is dissolved by Kirk due to the committee being an inconvenience or annoying to him or something

Hard to believe that people argue with the Iowa fans saying “nobody I would rather have navigating this than the honorable Kirk Ferentz”

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
I admittedly have not been following this as closely as many in this board. But in what planet does Kkkirk have unilateral oversight of a committee intended to hold him - as the head of the program - accountable? Isn’t that like the ultimate fox-guarding-the-hen-house situation?

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I admittedly have not been following this as closely as many in this board. But in what planet does Kkkirk have unilateral oversight of a committee intended to hold him - as the head of the program - accountable? Isn’t that like the ultimate fox-guarding-the-hen-house situation?

You nailed it.
Nice-henhouse.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: cyputz and 2020cy

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
But they named the field after a black player so clearly not racist. Plus put “equality” on basketball jerseys for extra not-racist evidence.

Reactions: CapnCy

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
But they named the field after a black player so clearly not racist. Plus put “equality” on basketball jerseys for extra not-racist evidence.
And he lets the black players wear hoodies and tweet once a week. It's the Iowa way.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
Ok, but this is what bothers me. If Kirk is such a racist and Brian even worse why aren’t they losing players? No one has entered the transfer portal and he had a good recruiting class. I see a disconnect here.

Status
Not open for further replies.