Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
I’ll echo Rob Howe, and ask all the hawk fans that live here a simple question :

What was David Porter’s motivation?

Ferentz trusted him enough to hand pick him to lead the committee, so obviously they have remained close over the years. He played at Iowa, and is a proud alum, and obviously proud of the football program

so what nefarious motivation could he possibly have to recommend Kirk and barta go?

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Wow that was awkward to watch. How uncomfortable did sears look there?

I love the “I want the other side” argument that Iowa fans are clinging too. Guess what, Kirk and Iowa refused comment, other than short canned responses.
Oh and you want to hear from other committee members? Guess what, Kirk had refused to provide the list of members. I guess we now know Lomax. But he’s also refusing to go on the record other than a couple tweets.

This is seriously a carbon copy of the racial allegations. The people who put themselves out there and speak out are just trying to hurt Iowa and can’t be believed.
This is just so gross

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Let me spell out this timeline once more so that Hawks can correct any inaccuracies.

Early 2019- investigation finds discrimination in Iowa’s football program. The let guys wear hoodies and form a committee

Late 2019- Kirk doesn’t bother to call the committee to meeting anymore because he doesn’t think it is a big deal

mid 2020- 70 players claim discrimination in the Iowa football program. 2nd investigation ensues.

July 2020- Investigation finds discrimination in Iowa football program again. Kirk let’s guys have twitter and another committee is assembled

Jan 2021- Committee is dissolved by Kirk due to the committee being an inconvenience or annoying to him or something

Hard to believe that people argue with the Iowa fans saying “nobody I would rather have navigating this than the honorable Kirk Ferentz”

From Kirk’s email his publicist (Chad Leistikow) put out it looks like committee number 3 is on the way. I am putting the O/U on months it exists at 20. What are you taking?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
From Kirk’s email his publicist (Chad Leistikow) put out it looks like committee number 3 is on the way. I am putting the O/U on months it exists at 20. What are you taking?
I'm sure it will be a priority for kirk. 3rd time is the charm

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021

He definitely will choose a rubber stamp to head the committee.

and there will be no suggestions from the new committee that may require shifting of any paradigms.

• Agree

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
AKA he was getting a ton of questions from parents and recruits so he uses Leistikow to twist the narrative that they are just replacing outgoing members. All this despite the fact Kirk had his chance to “clear the air” when the Gazette reached out to him for comment.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
The reality is Kirk is saying that diversity equity and inclusion are not things he cares about pursuing every day. If it were, the coaches he chastised porter for disrespecting would have had an answer to a simple question.

that was at the heart of the original complaint. and now that he has put enough distance between June 2020, where he lied about not being notified of issues within his program, and now, it’s no longer a concern.

One of the more intelligence insulting arguments I read was that this means nothing because Iowa hired a diversity officer in their ad.

Kirk takes direction from no one, and the Iowa ad has shown repeatedly, DEI means nothing to them.

it’s another meaningless position that has no input or authority, but Iowa can pretend it means something. Just like when racism was over after the Penn st game.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Chuck Long tweet.......ouch. This is a **** show.

That dude with the Big foreHead.....not the sports guy, but the actor in the meme who was in some fox tv show. He was cast in "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood"....really odd cameo. It was distracting from the movie....you're like "What orgy did Tarantino and this dude accidentally touch each other at that Epstein videoed that justified this casting?"

Reactions: jcyclonee

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Chuck Long tweet.......ouch. This is a **** show.

That dude with the Big foreHead.....not the sports guy, but the actor in the meme who was in some fox tv show. He was cast in "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood"....really odd cameo. It was distracting from the movie....you're like "What orgy did Tarantino and this dude accidentally touch each other at that Epstein videoed that justified this casting?"

man you are special.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
The reality is Kirk is saying that diversity equity and inclusion are not things he cares about pursuing every day. If it were, the coaches he chastised porter for disrespecting would have had an answer to a simple question.

that was at the heart of the original complaint. and now that he has put enough distance between June 2020, where he lied about not being notified of issues within his program, and now, it’s no longer a concern.

One of the more intelligence insulting arguments I read was that this means nothing because Iowa hired a diversity officer in their ad.

Kirk takes direction from no one, and the Iowa ad has shown repeatedly, DEI means nothing to them.

it’s another meaningless position that has no input or authority, but Iowa can pretend it means something. Just like when racism was over after the Penn st game.

You need to find gummies, this same ol schat is fuking stupid. We get it

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclonesrule91

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
KKKirk and the Iowa media (i.e. Chad at the Register) have started their recovery operation.

• Angry
Reactions: motorcy90

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
AKA he was getting a ton of questions from parents and recruits so he uses Leistikow to twist the narrative that they are just replacing outgoing members. All this despite the fact Kirk had his chance to “clear the air” when the Gazette reached out to him for comment.
Yep and the media and fanbase will tweet out how blessed they are to have Kirk in charge to lead the way in cleaning up… his own systemic issues.

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Reactions: irish

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
This pretty much sums up the Iowa fan base take. KF can do no wrong. I just hope KF can ram BF down their throats too.

1642471856211.png

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Yep and the media and fanbase will tweet out how blessed they are to have Kirk in charge to lead the way in cleaning up… his own systemic issues.

Holy **** he released an email to the parents that says he didn’t dissolve the committee, even though that’s exactly what the email he sent to the committee members.

I mean how can you take any of that seriously. He literally made it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.