Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

DhaCheann

Mar 31, 2012
Denver, CO
We all know how Barta operates, he’s a spineless coward. He most likely won’t fire Doyle or Kirk because he only cares about winning, no matter how terrible the culture is inside those walls. He’ll fine them both $800 and slap them on the wrists.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
This honestly isn’t a **** the hawks type of post, but it’s truly disgusting to see a lot of the replies to Daniels original tweet. A lot of them basically saying “they put you in the NFL, STFU”. Putting players in the NFL makes racism ok? That part has pissed me off the most so far

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
We all know how Barta operates, he’s a spineless coward. He most likely won’t fire Doyle or Kirk because he only cares about winning, no matter how terrible the culture is inside those walls. He’ll fine them both $800 and slap them on the wrists.

You seem confident that Barta overcomes this. Look at it this way: in a four year span he has lost a sexual discrimination lawsuit, he has had to suspend his play by play guy for racial insensitivity (which I didn’t agree with but when you suspend the guy that is accepting guilt), and now has a full blown racial discrimination culture situation in his largest and most visible program. I think he probably goes down with the ship.

Reactions: aauummm

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It'd be real easy to pile on here, but lets face it, this can happen anywhere and iowa will not be the last program to deal with this.

I'd be curious to know what if any systems are in place for reporting things like this on ISU's end.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Frankly I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Doyle wins his second Iowa Assistant Coach of the Year Award. Barta is a ***** and won't move on Kirk - that decision would have to come from the UI president or BoR. Doyle has been there so long I don't see Kirk firing him either, and since Barta is a ***** he won't tell Kirk what to do.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Berta will act. 10 year contract extensions with huge buyouts for all the coaches...

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I usually joke around on here, I seriously can’t see any way that Doyle survives this. Honestly I am not sure Kirk overcome it either. Because even if he hasn’t done anything himself, Doyle has been with the program so long that the two are so tightly associated.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I usually joke around on here, I seriously can’t see any way that Doyle survives this. Honestly I am not sure Kirk overcome it either. Because even if he hasn’t done anything himself, Doyle has been with the program so long that the two are so tightly associated.
I couldn't agree more. Honestly, with how much is going on right now with civil rights I think this issue will be held to the same level as what we saw when things came out against Penn State and Baylor. As it should have been the whole time. What I'm saying is, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the university cleans house except for a select few individuals who don't interact with players much. The Iowa Football program as we knew it before yesterday, the team that was about guaranteed to go 7-5, is probably gone now. Doyle will absolutely be fired. And with Doyle gone, the program will decline in a hurry. Iowa is a developmental program has thrived for years off is work and his ability to make NFL linemen etc. No Doyle, no development, no tough line, etc etc. The dominoes begin to fall in a hurry....

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
So I had a fun night having driveway drinks with the neighbors and I wake up to this and I'm just crushed by these stories.

Sometimes as fans we let our fandom come in the way of common sense, that won't be happening to me. Doyle needs to be gone, that is a no brainer. If Ferentz tries to come out and keep Doyle on staff then he needs to go as well. I am not a person who will excuse or defend these things. If anything is ever going to change in this country then people in positions of authority like Doyle need to go. If a person is willing to bully and intimidate through racial slurs that is exactly what this country needs to eliminate from our society.

This is going to be an ugly chapter in our country, but one that is long overdue. It has been 50+ years since MLK, and frankly the work was never finished with desegregation. That generations hearts and minds was never going to allow it to change quickly. I would have hoped that new generations would have been better. Lets hope our younger generation does better yet. Unfortunately my generation did nothing at all to help foster a culture where racial injustices were shown a light that could kill those scourges from this country. Lets hope this generations great achievement is the path to racial equality.

Now go ahead and mock me and my post, I expect nothing less here. I still wanted to say my piece on this anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.