Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
So I had a fun night having driveway drinks with the neighbors and I wake up to this and I'm just crushed by these stories.

Sometimes as fans we let our fandom come in the way of common sense, that won't be happening to me. Doyle needs to be gone, that is a no brainer. If Ferentz tries to come out and keep Doyle on staff then he needs to go as well. I am not a person who will excuse or defend these things. If anything is ever going to change in this country then people in positions of authority like Doyle need to go. If a person is willing to bully and intimidate through racial slurs that is exactly what this country needs to eliminate from our society.

This is going to be an ugly chapter in our country, but one that is long overdue. It has been 50+ years since MLK, and frankly the work was never finished with desegregation. That generations hearts and minds was never going to allow it to change quickly. I would have hoped that new generations would have been better. Lets hope our younger generation does better yet. Unfortunately my generation did nothing at all to help foster a culture where racial injustices were shown a light that could kill those scourges from this country. Lets hope this generations great achievement is the path to racial equality.

Now go ahead and mock me and my post, I expect nothing less here. I still wanted to say my piece on this anyway.
No one is going to mock you for being a human. We heave **** at each other here about sports, but this is something completely different.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So I had a fun night having driveway drinks with the neighbors and I wake up to this and I'm just crushed by these stories.

Sometimes as fans we let our fandom come in the way of common sense, that won't be happening to me. Doyle needs to be gone, that is a no brainer. If Ferentz tries to come out and keep Doyle on staff then he needs to go as well. I am not a person who will excuse or defend these things. If anything is ever going to change in this country then people in positions of authority like Doyle need to go. If a person is willing to bully and intimidate through racial slurs that is exactly what this country needs to eliminate from our society.

This is going to be an ugly chapter in our country, but one that is long overdue. It has been 50+ years since MLK, and frankly the work was never finished with desegregation. That generations hearts and minds was never going to allow it to change quickly. I would have hoped that new generations would have been better. Lets hope our younger generation does better yet. Unfortunately my generation did nothing at all to help foster a culture where racial injustices were shown a light that could kill those scourges from this country. Lets hope this generations great achievement is the path to racial equality.

Now go ahead and mock me and my post, I expect nothing less here. I still wanted to say my piece on this anyway.

I don't disagree with any of this. I'm just hopeful you guys will see I'm pretty informed here and not just some troll trying to make things up. Hankins was considering transferring because of this and DJ did transfer because of it

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
Lol, you are clueless dude. This thread was titled something to the effect of “Matt Hankins Potential Transfer” until tonight, and you want to try to pretend that Twins wasn’t trolling about Hankins transferring? Good lord.

Twins’ posts that you referenced claimed that Hankins was upset with the coaching staff and that the Iowa staff only cared about him as a football player. Those are statements taken directly from Hankins’ IG post. Twins didn’t add any commentary to those posts other than to reference his made up source and the possibility of Hankins transferring.
How many times do you want to die on that hill?
Give it up already, he has been consistent in saying someone closer to the program than him (my interpretation, not a direct quote from Twins) told him he might even transfer but he didn't think he actually would. You are the one jumping to conclusions.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
WELL at least the Iowa fan base isn't made up of 40% people who never left their hometown. I am sure their fans will have well thought-out, reasonable responses.
....40% of fan base that has never left their hometown.....

Wow.....coming from a fan base that has 95% of the white trash fans in Iowa. 80% of Iowa fans then must have never left their sec 8 housing. Do u have any clue what Minnesota, Illinois, and Northwestern fans , etc. think iowa fans - a bunch of uneducated hicks that that have no clue how they are perceived....

StateThrowdown

Oct 27, 2008
Jasper County
....40% of fan base that has never left their hometown.....

Wow.....coming from a fan base that has 95% of the white trash fans in Iowa. 80% of Iowa fans then must have never left their sec 8 housing. Do u have any clue what Minnesota, Illinois, and Northwestern fans , etc. think iowa fans - a bunch of uneducated hicks that that have no clue how they are perceived....

No way do all 12 of them think that way...

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
If Doyle isn't removed from the program I'll be shocked honestly. This has hit national media....btw will the local central Iowa media address what is going on in Iowa city? on radio? DSM register?....Ferentz 25 year coaching legacy is on the line here...I think it is obvious to this point that Doyle's treatment of some Black football players over the years has been unacceptable.

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
If this would have happened in a normal year without everything else that's happening, Doyle likely survives. Some sensitivity training, etc. If Iowa wants to prove it's not tone deaf, he has to go.

Iowa players report Monday, so it's probably safe to assume something happens today or tomorrow.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
So after waking up to some of the tweets this morning, and seeing how it’s gone national, I’m not as confident about Kirk anymore. Will be an interesting few days

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I wonder how much of this was brought on due to KF's appearance on SportsCenter earlier this week.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Kirk is 50/50 to make it IMO
At this point, I think it'll take some of the bigger names to speak out against the program. That said, if Kirk is gone after this, that would set their program back quite a bit.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
If Doyle isn't removed from the program I'll be shocked honestly. This has hit national media....btw will the local central Iowa media address what is going on in Iowa city? on radio? DSM register?....Ferentz 25 year coaching legacy is on the line here...I think it is obvious to this point that Doyle's treatment of some Black football players over the years has been unacceptable.
1460 discussing right now.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
So after waking up to some of the tweets this morning, and seeing how it’s gone national, I’m not as confident about Kirk anymore. Will be an interesting few days
Starting to think the same way.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
At this point, I think it'll take some of the bigger names to speak out against the program. That said, if Kirk is gone after this, that would set their program back quite a bit.
A NFL level center isn't a big enough name?

Reactions: aauummm

HARMCYN

Jan 20, 2012
Cambridge, IA

Last night I was thinking just Doyle but I'm thinking similarly this morning..this went on for 20 years and Kirk never knew? Barta let this, the sexual discrimination field hockey problem happen and the debacle with Dolph.

I see this going 1 of 2 ways. They dismiss Doyle, and Barta makes no comment on it and they just try to let it die out. This is pretty typical for their AD.

Or we see a full clearing out. Barta, Kirk, Doyle, etc. If the national media digs in this could happen. I honestly hope for better for Kirk.

The amount of players coming forward at this point is too high to be ignored tho. Just lots of different turns this could take.

Status
Not open for further replies.