Not open for further replies.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I said I didn’t remember all the details of the incident. As you can see from my post, I can recall the result of the lawsuit, and two minor details related thereto. No reason to be a d*** about it.
Did I ask if you knew "all the details?"
This is what I asked:
Is Gary Barta a pathetic person with how he treated Jane Meyer?
Your response:
I don’t really remember the specifics of that particular case. I’d have to review the details.
And then you victim blamed:
I know she successfully sued Iowa for employment discrimination. I remember she was re-assigned to a different role in the athletic department, but don’t remember why. I remember Iowa reporters universally saying she was incredibly unpleasant to work with. That’s about the extent of my recollection.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
1 year salary is less than 1.1 mil.
Yeah Triangle said that if the contract needs to be voided by April 1 and it expires July 1, there are three months between there and that could make up for the different between 1.1 million and his salary which would've been around $849,000 next year.

I don't know, I think it makes sense. Iowa's essentially paying him 15 months worth of his salary and benefits and doesn't have to deal with the long court process where they could potentially lose more money and also let Doyle tell everyone it wasn't his fault.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Yeah Triangle said that if the contract needs to be voided by April 1 and it expires July 1, there are three months between there and that could make up for the different between 1.1 million and his salary which would've been around $849,000 next year.

I don't know, I think it makes sense. Iowa's essentially paying him 15 months worth of his salary and benefits and doesn't have to deal with the long court process where they could potentially lose more money and also let Doyle tell everyone it wasn't his fault.
Oh, it makes sense if you're a sociopath, which if you're considering businesses as a person, they are.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Oh, it makes sense if you're a sociopath, which if you're considering businesses as a person, they are.
Look I'm just viewing it from their perspective that's all. Iowa's trying to put the blame on Doyle and this is their best way of doing that without putting other coaches and Barta's jobs on the line, as well as save them money. If they wanted real culture change they would've gotten rid of everyone, starting with Barta.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Did I ask if you knew "all the details?"
This is what I asked:

Your response:

And then you victim blamed:

I wasn’t going to speak on how Gary Barta treated Meyer because I don’t remember the details of the case. And LOL at you claiming that post is victim blaming. Are you ever going to contribute anything to this forum, or are you content with being a confrontational prick for no reason?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I wasn’t going to speak on how Gary Barta treated Meyer because I don’t remember the details of the case. And LOL at you claiming that post is victim blaming. Are you ever going to contribute anything to this forum, or are you content with being a confrontational prick for no reason?
Yikes on everything

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Woof

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Pray to god the independent firm folks in Kansas are K-State fans and not KU fans, otherwise somehow they find nothing on Iowa.
From their Kansas City office website I see that the largest number of their lawyers (that work with education) are KU with one each from schools such as Missouri, Texas, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Harvard, etc.

They do employee quite a few women lawyers and at least a couple of minority lawyers. They have some staff that are deeply involved in systemic racial problems and have worked with various groups in the KC area on those problems. They have one female lawyer from Drake.

https://www.huschblackwell.com/people#page=1&sort=alpha&industry=50768&office=55218
https://www.huschblackwell.com/diversity-equity-inclusion

However, I am skeptical of any "independent" investigative law firm that is chosen by the U of I General Counsel. Lawyers stick together and the U of I lawyers know what the report will end up saying even before hiring the investigative firm.

Last edited:

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

My dog just laid a loaf in the backyard. That turd said you are dumber than phuck.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
You seem to be insinuating that Iowa doesn’t care about making any changes for its athletes and this is all lip service. I find that incredibly cynical and unlikely to be true.
Barta basically admitted that they blew off the 2019 report and that the whole diversity working team had stopped meeting. What makes you think that they are going to follow through this time given their abysmal past history?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Edited the original post to add that they can implement the changes that are in the best interests of the athletes and the University without burning everything to the ground.

I think it’s pretty unlikely that after what has transpired over the last couple weeks (a) Ferentz would be okay with merely paying lip service to the players’ complaints, and (b) that he would be able to get away with doing so.

Well yeah, he's letting them use Twitter now. Isn't that enough?

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
Barta basically admitted that they blew off the 2019 report and that the whole diversity working team had stopped meeting. What makes you think that they are going to follow through this time given their abysmal past history?
Whos knob did Barta slob on to get on the CFB committee? Good god that guy is incompetent.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
So at Iowa racism is not ok if the basketball coach doesn't like you and wants to find ways to get you fired but racism is ok if you're a successful football coach. Got it.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Iowa should be taking notes from the Pokes on how to handle a crisis. Hours later (unlike the weeks it's taking Iowa) and it's already starting to be resolved because the leadership understood the issue and took immediate action. Iowa deflected, never admitted fault, and beat around the bush and now it's very likely hurt them even more in the long term.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Logistics depended on whether Barta would actually be able to hold something in person, not actually setting up the Zoom meeting. Seriously?

All of Oklahoma State's leadership addressed the issues hours after the similar allegations came out. But let's use logistics as an excuse for why none of Iowa's leadership even acknowledged the issue until today. Just admit it, Iowa wanted everything to go away by not acknowledging it.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
Iowa should be taking notes from the Pokes on how to handle a crisis. Hours later (unlike the weeks it's taking Iowa) and it's already starting to be resolved because the leadership understood the issue and took immediate action. Iowa deflected, never admitted fault, and beat around the bush and now it's very likely hurt them even more in the long term.
Well OSU had a literal mutiny on their hands so not exactly the same type of deal but yes you're correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.