Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
These last couple pages are going to look pretty pathetic when you guys realize why Barta has been absent. Not sure if it will be announced at the press conference tomorrow, but I’m sure it will come out sometime soon.

One of the most basic steps in mgmt is being prepared for being out. If he doesn’t have a plan that goes into action when he’s unable to do his job then he is really bad at his job.

But you seem to know a lot about being pathetic so I bow to your expertise.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
How do you get rid of Doyle but keep BF. Is BF just a little racist? Are we cool with just a little racist?

Come on, this is zero policy stuff. It is like that in almost all businesses in America.
Isn't that like being a little bit pregnant?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
These last couple pages are going to look pretty pathetic when you guys realize why Barta has been absent. Not sure if it will be announced at the press conference tomorrow, but I’m sure it will come out sometime soon.

It's no secret his health is in question and he's doing treatment of some sort. Last I heard it wasn't bad enough to not do a zoom meeting or anything. If it is that bad there are other options to address the situation. Even you will admit Iowa's PR Department is the worst in the industry so it's not surprising people are questioning it

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yikes Kirk

After the season, Spearman said that he came back for weight training when he was called into Kirk Ferentz’s office.

“He rips me. He calls me a liar. He called me names that I never thought a guy I committed to for four years would ever call me. It was disgusting. Made me cry. I had to call my parents I was so emotionally distraught. My dad came down just to talk to me I was so sad,” Spearman said.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Why? Did he not pay his internet bill? He can't release a statement through the school? You don't need to show your face in this situation as much as at least acknowledging that it's happening. He's been a total ghost thus far.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Brodie rated the post with the below stat as creative.. you think this was made up?

2015 - 6/16 African American
2016 - 4/16 African American
2017 - 3/18 African American
2018 - 4/12 African American
2019 - 5/19 African American
2020 - 12/21 African American !!

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Yikes Kirk

After the season, Spearman said that he came back for weight training when he was called into Kirk Ferentz’s office.

“He rips me. He calls me a liar. He called me names that I never thought a guy I committed to for four years would ever call me. It was disgusting. Made me cry. I had to call my parents I was so emotionally distraught. My dad came down just to talk to me I was so sad,” Spearman said.

At least it sounds like they aren't going to let KF and company sweep this under the rug. Hope Morehouse does the right thing and keeps reporting on it.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I don't wish cancer upon anyone (I've lost family members to it) but @Brodie0 and @TrianglePlace need to stop using it as a crutch for Barta's silence. As another poster said, if Barta wasn't in a capacity to make a statement, every functional management structure has contingencies for situations like this where someone acts on the behalf of the department. Either the Iowa Athletic department is dysfunctional to crises or they purposely waited 2 weeks before acknowledging the matter hoping it all goes away. Both scenarios are extremely irresponsible and disrespectful to the victims.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Maybe Barta resigns or retires??

Noooooooo!

I was perfectly content to have BF take over for KKKF, but that ship has prob sailed. Second best option is Barta hiring the next coach. Cannot let him go. Please get better.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Is Gary Barta a pathetic person with how he treated Jane Meyer?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

I would put my schools situation above the College football playoff that you could zoom meeting or fly back for. It’s actually sad that he puts that above the students/athletes at his school.

if that is what you are going to say, it’s an even worse look

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
I don't wish cancer upon anyone

You should have just stopped there.

It was announced on Friday at the start of KFs press conference that Barta would be holding something early this week (Monday or Tuesday) and they were still working on logistics (Zoom or in person).

Last Friday was one week to the day that the **** hit the fan with former players on Twitter.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
You should have just stopped there.

It was announced on Friday at the start of KFs press conference that Barta would be holding something early this week (Monday or Tuesday) and they were still working on logistics (Zoom or in person).

Last Friday was one week to the day that the **** hit the fan with former players on Twitter.
It takes over a week to at least put out a statement to acknowledge overwhelming reports of abuse? Logistics? Give me a break. I can set up a Zoom meeting with colleagues anywhere in a matter of seconds. Also, your words are that players reporting abuse within Ferentz's regime is "**** hit the fan"? Talk about tone deaf. You're digging your hole deeper triangle.

Last edited:
Reactions: cycloner29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron