Keep Coach Greg McDermott

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Calling my posts a waste of space is an insult. Calling me a hypocrite (for basically no reason) is an insult.
You were giving CloneIce **** for not answering the question of the poster. Not long ago you were going on and on in the Xs and os thread when all that poster wanted people to do is answer his question. That's hypocrisy, fact, not personal attack.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
You were giving CloneIce **** for not answering the question of the poster. Not long ago you were going on and on in the Xs and os thread when all that poster wanted people to do is answer his question. That's hypocrisy, fact, not personal attack.

I answered the x's and o's question.

so I wasn't being hypocritical.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
why don't all of you who want to ***** and moan without interruption from people who argue for supporting the team go create a website were you can limit the members to those that agree with you?

Seriously, man. You are ******** and moaning too. Just that posters that are frustrated with the MBB program are at least commenting on the state of ISU athletics. Your ******** and moaning is just about other people.

Neither contributes in any positive way.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Please don't compare GMac and Rhoads if Rhoads doesn't win a lot of games in the next couple of years (and we don't know yet what will happen). CPR has done much more in one year than GMac has done in almost 4, and CPR took over a badly losing program while GMac took over a program with 3 straight winning seasons, wins over top 10 teams, and successful post seasons. I'm not calling for GMac's head, mostly because I know it's not going to happen for another year or two because of that ridiculous contract. But the GMac apologists are now trying to sell us that stability is better than change. What, the stability of losing seasons, no post season, and no big wins? That's not the kind of stability I want. Every other coach in the state is showing progress with their progam, even Iowa with an extremely young team. All I continue to see is our team finding ways to lose. We look unorganized and confused, especially on the rare occasions when we are in the game going down the stretch. I'm seeing a team that has talent but is not well coached, and it really shows in close games. I still have slim hopes we can finish well enough to make the NIT, and if we have a nice run there I will have a little hope. But if we lose Brackins and Gilstrap (and who knows who else), I see another bad year coming.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I just don't understand why everyone is calling for Mac's job before the season is even over. I don't see how this productive. Go out and support your team for the remaining four home games. If, at the end of the season this team still hasn't shown you anything then have this conversation. We have 8+ games left people.
Sounds reasonable to me.:yes:

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Please don't compare GMac and Rhoads if Rhoads doesn't win a lot of games in the next couple of years (and we don't know yet what will happen). CPR has done much more in one year than GMac has done in almost 4, and CPR took over a badly losing program while GMac took over a program with 3 straight winning seasons, wins over top 10 teams, and successful post seasons. I'm not calling for GMac's head, mostly because I know it's not going to happen for another year or two because of that ridiculous contract. But the GMac apologists are now trying to sell us that stability is better than change. What, the stability of losing seasons, no post season, and no big wins? That's not the kind of stability I want. Every other coach in the state is showing progress with their progam, even Iowa with an extremely young team. All I continue to see is our team finding ways to lose. We look unorganized and confused, especially on the rare occasions when we are in the game going down the stretch. I'm seeing a team that has talent but is not well coached, and it really shows in close games. I still have slim hopes we can finish well enough to make the NIT, and if we have a nice run there I will have a little hope. But if we lose Brackins and Gilstrap (and who knows who else), I see another bad year coming.

I have to disagree with this some. Yes, there was a lot of tradition with this program when Mac came in, but tradition doesn't win ball games, players do. Mac had virtually no one here when he came in.

Rhoads's turnaround and success this season was mostly done with coaching. He didn't have to play many guys that he has recruited. Mac had to try and rebuild a team from the ground up.

I know most of you don't want to hear this, but I'm with Pollard in saying that Mac's first year doesn't count because of his limited time to find as many recruits as possible. Because of the defections and issues with that first class, next year is Mac's first true senior class. I want to at least give him the opportunity to see that class out. Realistically, I think he's going to need to win some more games this season for that to happen.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I have to disagree with this some. Yes, there was a lot of tradition with this program when Mac came in, but tradition doesn't win ball games, players do. Mac had virtually no one here when he came in.

Rhoads's turnaround and success this season was mostly done with coaching. He didn't have to play many guys that he has recruited. Mac had to try and rebuild a team from the ground up.

I know most of you don't want to hear this, but I'm with Pollard in saying that Mac's first year doesn't count because of his limited time to find as many recruits as possible. Because of the defections and issues with that first class, next year is Mac's first true senior class. I want to at least give him the opportunity to see that class out. Realistically, I think he's going to need to win some more games this season for that to happen.

So why have things regressed with each passing year? Four wins in conference seems to be the max at this point for our teams. That is a 25% success rate.