Kansas State fans are madder than I have ever seen

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Every look looks good when you hit it but in the second half they hit some pretty deep, pretty well-contested shots that were not setup well and were taken because it was late in the shot clock. Those generally aren't very good looks.
Second half 3s made by K-state

18:21 – following ISU turnover at 18:39 (12 left on shot clock)
17:51 – following defensive rebound at 18:01 (20 left on shot clock)
16:28 – following steal at 16:35 (23 left on shot clock)
15:28 – following ISU basket at 15:42 (16 left on shot clock)
12:20 – following ISU basket at 12:44 (6 left on shot clock)
9:12 – following a K-State miss / offensive rebound at 9:29 by the same player (3 left on shot clock)
1:01 – following ISU FT at 1:08 (23 left on shot clock)

Only one of those looks like a desperation attempt (9:12) and looking at the shot chart, only one of them was deep which was the one with 6 left on the shot clock (12:20). Threes off turnovers and off offensive rebounds are often some of the cleanest looks one will get, which was 3 of the first 4 makes. The fourth of the makes was a shot over Jackson P (does that actually qualify as contested when I'm leaning to my son and telling him Jackson is about to give up a bucket)?

Last edited:
Reactions: GotHops32

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I've never understood the affinity some ISU fans seem to have had for KSU over the years.
Some of their fans are good people. Lets face it, Kansas and Iowa arent that much different (Civil War stuff excepted per Sig).

But they def have a subset that are entitled delusional emaw lunatics. And they are vocal!

Reactions: GotHops32

JeanValette

Feb 15, 2016
Minnesota
I've never understood the affinity some ISU fans seem to have had for KSU over the years.
Years ago I was one of them, but haven't been for a while. Probably because they hated KU too when I was at the Niang era Big 12 Tourney games. Also, they were a fellow land grant and I was an agronomy student.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Outside of Twitter, they're exactly like ISU fans. I've been to several games in Manhattan. They're Midwestern farmers.

I don't know how their online presence got to be the way it is, but my real life interactions with KSU fans are just wildly different than how they act online.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Been tied up all morning so I'm just catching up. Am I missing anything here?

Last night on Twitter the accusations of using the n-word started to fly and quickly became an article of faith among Kansas State fans. I never saw any substantiation of that claim, though I did see at least one Kansas State fan directly refute it, and I saw some tweets referencing that the person from which the claim originated has since recanted.

There were also accusations of taunting Tang and/or the Kansas State bench - whether this is the same taunting incident as the pictures and video that is *everywhere* this morning is not clear - and there are other accusations of spitting on people or throwing things.

I hope if fans behaved badly they are dealt with appropriately. But I'm not sure what Tang thought he would accomplish by twice accosting TJ then failing to air his grievance publicly when he had the opportunity. That sort of behavior is going to get us farther from an appropriate resolution, not closer.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
My TL is filled with butthurt KSU fans. They are acting like we tried to shoot their coach or something last night. They are calling our fans classless, etc. And on top of the Tang sister thing, they are a wild bunch today.

• Haha
Reactions: aauummm

cincinnaticyclone

Nov 29, 2016
I hope if fans behaved badly they are dealt with appropriately. But I'm not sure what Tang thought he would accomplish by twice accosting TJ then failing to air his grievance publicly when he had the opportunity. That sort of behavior is going to get us farther from an appropriate resolution, not closer.
This is exactly what I was thinking too. You can’t throw multiple tantrums on national television, including in the handshake line, and then act like nothing happened. The K-State players acted more mature than the head coach last night.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I saw 2 groups of KSU fans while leaving Hilton, non of them seemed even mildly angry. Heck the son in the one group was showing the others the arm motions to Juicy Wiggle.
The internet makes people worse than most actually are.
I was glad we got the W, got worried there for a while.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I'm just amazed these K-State fans have all this passion for a guy with one foot out the door. Tang is gone after this season.

Has something been said or happened to give credibility to this theory? Are people thinking he is getting fired? Getting a better job?