Kansas State fans are madder than I have ever seen

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
MM stepped on the defender's foot which caused him to slip/fall. There was no trip. Contact - Yes. Trip - No.
Should not have been called a foul, but that is how it goes. You get some, you lose some. Play on.
I’ll be honest - I hated that call. I don’t think it was a foul at all, and I don’t like to benefit from bogus fouls, penalties, etc. That said, there were a ton of bad calls both ways in this game. K-State was the benefactor of two bad ones right before this.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I’ll be honest - I hated that call. I don’t think it was a foul at all, and I don’t like to benefit from bogus fouls, penalties, etc. That said, there were a ton of bad calls both ways in this game. K-State was the benefactor of two bad ones right before this.
Not the worst call of the night and much worse times there was no call.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
MM stepped on the defender's foot which caused him to slip/fall. There was no trip. Contact - Yes. Trip - No.
Should not have been called a foul, but that is how it goes. You get some, you lose some. Play on.
It was soft, but the way they were calling fouls last night, nobody should be shocked.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
There were quite a few bad calls for both teams last night. I thought the officials lost control of the game in the last 10 or so minutes of gameplay. Officiating basketball is very difficult, especially when two physical teams are battling. But there were some non-fouls that they called fouls on both teams that greatly impacted the outcome of the game.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
There were quite a few bad calls for both teams last night. I thought the officials lost control of the game in the last 10 or so minutes of gameplay. Officiating basketball is very difficult, especially when two physical teams are battling. But there were some non-fouls that they called fouls on both teams that greatly impacted the outcome of the game.
I think the dividing line should be "did the contact affect the play?". If not, play on.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I love that KState fans are still running with the "they threw stuff at our bench" when Iowa State has protocol written into the PA's script if even one thing is thrown, or someone runs on the floor. Something would've been announced over the PA telling fans to refrain if that actually happened.