JJ Bass

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Wow, JJ really sparked this team in the second half. After he got a couple first downs, we got on a roll and got some TDs. Kudos to you Mr. Bass.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
Not to toot my own horn, But im telling you, JJ Bass is the guy we want in the back field right now.

Reactions: mharder

BD4CY

Sep 22, 2007
he runs a lot harder than arob, everytime we needed a short gain bass got it

I wouldnt say that anyone runs a LOT harder than A-Rob, he's always getting extra yards. I think if we can get the two of them going they could be a great duo.

May 14, 2006
Waterloo
I thought besides Arnaud's play in the second half, JJ Bass was the reason we came back. When he came in and started gaining some yards, I found myself yelling at the T.V. at Chizik: "Why the hell are you not playing this guy!!!" Put Arnaud and JJ Bass in and keep them there. Quit freaking changing backs and QB's.

I would hope this game showed the coaching staff who our QB and primary back will be for the Big 12. Give the freaking ball the JJ. Let him get in a rhythm, Please.

Last edited:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
When he came in and started gaining some yards, I found myself yelling at the T.V. at Chizik: "Why the hell are you not playing this guy!!!"

Just making a stab at answering your question, I have to make an observation. I couldn't help but notice that J.J. was inserted immediately in the first offensive series after half.

Gee. What a coincidence. Almost like he had just completed a suspension, say, of however many quarters, that just happened to keep him out...until halftime.

Just a guess--but does that make sense?

May 14, 2006
Waterloo
Just making a stab at answering your question, I have to make an observation. I couldn't help but notice that J.J. was inserted immediately in the first offensive series after half.

Gee. What a coincidence. Almost like he had just completed a suspension, say, of however many quarters, that just happened to keep him out...until halftime.

Just a guess--but does that make sense?

No. He has played at various times this season. He played quite a bit in the Kent State game. The staff keeps rotating him in and out. My point is that he showed a lot in this game -- leave him in.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
I thought besides Arnaud's play in the second half, JJ Bass was the reason we came back. When he came in and started gaining some yards, I found myself yelling at the T.V. at Chizik: "Why the hell are you not playing this guy!!!" Put Arnaud and JJ Bass in and keep them there. Quit freaking changing backs and QB's.

I would hope this game showed the coaching staff who our QB and primary back will be for the Big 12. Give the freaking ball the JJ. Let him get in a rhythm, Please.

Agree. JJ ran hard in the 2nd half. He's a power back where Robinson is a finesse back. Both will contribute, but JJ really asserted himself.

Also I really think Arnaud owns this team. Time to declare him the guy and let him grow.

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
I think it may have been his first carry of the game in the 2nd half when he took the handoff and just ran through the linebacker to gain an extra 3 yards. That alone, IMO, set the tone for the rest of game.

Also, where's Big Body been all year?(Marquis) Only thrown to about 3 times a game....

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I think it may have been his first carry of the game in the 2nd half when he took the handoff and just ran through the linebacker to gain an extra 3 yards. That alone, IMO, set the tone for the rest of game.

Also, where's Big Body been all year?(Marquis) Only thrown to about 3 times a game....

He fell down on one throw to him last night. He has certainly been a disappointment this season, as I had expected him to take over as the top receiver.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
It was good to see JJ do what he did last night. I think I was in the minority thinking that he was our best back coming into this season, and it looked like my assessment was wrong after the first three games. Hopefully we're able to assemble some kind of a consistent ground game.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
He fell down on one throw to him last night. He has certainly been a disappointment this season, as I had expected him to take over as the top receiver.

I might be wrong, but I thought he lead the team in receptions against Iowa. Either way, his production has been less than I anticipated.