Jimbo Fisher unloads on Saban

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I've never paid much attention to SEC media days. Might have to a little this July. Could be fun.
Supposedly there is a SEC FB coaches meeting in like 12 days in Destin, FL. Should be interesting.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Knew a recruit that visited Alabama and had a scholarship offer. He said they didn't even bother showing him Campus or have him meet with any faculty. Just showed him all the football facilities. I mean, at that point, what's the difference?

Sounds like Saban is just mad that the playing field is being levelled. Remember when Saban said this?"Our quarterback has approached ungodly numbers, and he hasn't even played yet," Saban said at the Texas High School Coaches Association convention, according to 247Sports. "If I told you what it is ... it's almost seven figures." You think recruits didn't figure things out really quick? What a hypocrite. Saban Bryce Young

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
In short, Saban was presenting to local business leaders at some function. Saban goes off on a little tangent saying that A&M's entire recruiting class was bought and paid for (pay for play) and that is not the intent of NIL. While Alabama players have gone out themselves to find agents and deals themselves (according to Saban).

It's more than a bit hypocritical from Saban to complain about pay for play when he's benefitted from it for years before NIL. Now that the playing field has leveled with everyone able to pay players he doesn't like the competition.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
I think Jimbo comes off as the clown here. Saban/Alabama at this point is self sustaining. NIL or not, they are simply going to get top talent year in and year out BUT they sure don't want others to be able to compete at their level out there recruiting. Jimbo/A&M are leveraging "NIL" to be able to compete and have little **** syndrome about some pointing that fact out. We all know that they can't compete at that level organically right now.

SEC is a cesspool all around though.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
This is the college football equivalent of the Amber Heard/Johnny Depp trial. Just a bunch of unnecessary drama when the reality is they are both equally insufferable and guilty.

I was thinking Godfather 3. Saban is (supposedly) trying to do NIL correctly, but people keep bringing up his past and not letting him. You can't build a program based off boosters paying players under the table for decades then claim a moral high ground now.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I think Jimbo comes off as the clown here. Saban/Alabama at this point is self sustaining. NIL or not, they are simply going to get top talent year in and year out BUT they sure don't want others to be able to compete at their level out there recruiting. Jimbo/A&M are leveraging "NIL" to be able to compete and have little **** syndrome about some pointing that fact out. We all know that they can't compete at that level organically right now.

SEC is a cesspool all around though.

Alabama is self sustaining because of the **** they did before. A&M is trying to replicate what Alabama did to build that self sustaining program and Saban is throwing a temper tantrum.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006