Jimbo Fisher unloads on Saban

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Yep. Bama did fine when barely anyone else was doing it. Now everyone is doing it without issue and they suddenly have a problem with it.

Which has always been a question of mine as it relates to NIL. I can't imagine Alabama has some inordinately wealthy booster base. Historically poor state and a college that isn't academically well-renowned. I bet Nick knows if everyone's playing by the same rules their bankroll won't quite be what their competitors is.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
How great would it be to watch the decision power of the SEC drift to Texas and watch the $EC boys get their panties all tied up about it..

Something I hope is less impactful in the new Big 12

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Which has always been a question of mine as it relates to NIL. I can't imagine Alabama has some inordinately wealthy booster base. Historically poor state and a college that isn't academically well-renowned. I bet Nick knows if everyone's playing by the same rules their bankroll won't quite be what their competitors is.

Like human history, someone, or groups, always rise to the top to take power. Do you have a bunch of Bama alums bein CEO's and on boards of public companies, no. But I am sure you still have a lot of successful local companies with Alabama graduates. Even large corporations that operate in Bama, I am sure the local executive structure still has a good amount of Bama alums. So you may not have the billionaire type oil tycoons that Texas and A&M have, but you probably still have a wide base where their net worth are in the 10's of millions, with maybe a couple in the 100's millions.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Laughing that the SEC has to deal with the drama big Texas schools bring. A&M leaked the Big 12 breakup and now this. Enjoy having Texas in your league - I'm sure they'll play nice.

Paddythefatty

Jul 25, 2021
Sounds like Saban is saying TAM broke the only "rule" that applies to NIL, that the Athletic Dept/Univ. cannot be involved in determining who gets paid and how much. Bama apparently does it right, where businesses/boosters choose who to pay and how much, not Saban.

And here we stand, pockets turned out, mouths a gape, watching the rich boys fight over who has moral fiber.
Gotcha, yea Saban points the figure while exploiting any loopholes, which he’s done better than just about everyone but 3-4 programs, OSU got it from Urban Meyer & the rest with connections to Saban or Dabo, who’s another Bama guy. Saban is praised for his organizational skills but it definitely extends beyond any football facility.

It’s unfortunate but it has been going on since the 70s, it’s just out in the open now & the illusion the NCAA offered is gone.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
"But I like college football for the pageantry and the play for the love of the game...." :jimlad:

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
There is a reason why A&M has historically been called aTm. Handing out money is not new to them. That said, Alabama is as dirty as anyone in that scumbag conference.

• Dumb
Reactions: Aduhbolu15

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Sark entering this room in a couple years (if he isn't canned by then) is going to be great.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Like human history, someone, or groups, always rise to the top to take power. Do you have a bunch of Bama alums bein CEO's and on boards of public companies, no. But I am sure you still have a lot of successful local companies with Alabama graduates. Even large corporations that operate in Bama, I am sure the local executive structure still has a good amount of Bama alums. So you may not have the billionaire type oil tycoons that Texas and A&M have, but you probably still have a wide base where their net worth are in the 10's of millions, with maybe a couple in the 100's millions.

Probably plenty of rich former football players too.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
You need to broaden your imagination then. Alabama has an incredibly wealthy donor base. Keep in mind, they're the state school where the doctors and lawyers study. They threw $250k at Albert Means, a nothing player, and this was in the 90s. Their boosters have very deep pockets. And plenty of bagmen.

• Agree
Reactions: JRE1975

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Mr.-Burns-Excellent.jpg

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
This is the college football equivalent of the Amber Heard/Johnny Depp trial. Just a bunch of unnecessary drama when the reality is they are both equally insufferable and guilty.
Jimbo took a dump in Sabans office?

• Optimistic
Reactions: VeloClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron