Jarvis West Watch: Unleash This Beast

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Jarvis had a 50 yard kickoff return against Okie State in the 3rd quarter right after Okie State extended the lead to 24-7. Jarvis returned it to midfield which was the spark that got ISU and the crowd going. A few plays later James White ripped off a 32 yard td run and the rest is history. If Jarvis doesn't hit that big return who knows what happens to the momentum in that game from that point forward. It was a game changing play.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Jarvis isn't fast? He seems like it, but maybe I'm just seeing how quick he is. Certainly short guys can be fast. J.J. Moses was freaking fast and he's probably shorter than Jarvis.

I'm not sure if he is top end speed fast or not, but I do know that his uncanny ability to make some awesome cuts at full speed can help to make up for a little weakness at the top end.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Jarvis has very good acceleration but merely above average top end speed. He has elite elusiveness though.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
The more anyone has to hype anybody.....the less of reality they actually are.
See money "always a dollar short" reynolds.

Oh, you mean the guy we have missed all year in the redzone? Our best receiver last year? The only guy who could go up and get a fade? That guy who was a dollar short?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Waiting for the unexpected (like in middle of second quarter) hook and ladder play where we throw it to Tiller and he pitches/laterals it to a hard charging West going down the field.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Jarvis had a 50 yard kickoff return against Okie State in the 3rd quarter right after Okie State extended the lead to 24-7. Jarvis returned it to midfield which was the spark that got ISU and the crowd going. A few plays later James White ripped off a 32 yard td run and the rest is history. If Jarvis doesn't hit that big return who knows what happens to the momentum in that game from that point forward. It was a game changing play.

Possibly the most underrated detail of that comeback.