Jamie Pollard had us as the last 2 seed in his submission

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Yeah - 2 years ago in Milwaukee when we were an 11-seed. Sure, we were playing in Wisconsin's backyard, but under different circumstances that is an ideal spot for us as well - especially with all of the Wisconsin recruits we pull.

Curious, had WIsc fans bought up all tickets anticipating the site as B10 champ or did ISU fans get a presence there? I remember the game but not the crowd.

If we couldn't wedge our way into Milwaukee tickets I don't see how SDSU and Drake could with maybe 10% of the combined demand.

It's been almost a month that Omaha looked likely for ISU.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
**** like this is why ADs shouldnt be leading this

I wouldn't want any ONE computer metric picking the field but I'd be THRILLED if they picked 8 of the best that have different strengths or weakness, removed high/low, and that average picks every at large and seeds entire field. Kind of like the massey average in football but tighteend up to get rid of some of the really bad ones.

Just completely do away with this "travel" stuff too, make it completely random. Some years you luck out, some years you get screwed. If all these 10 and 15 seeds are playing closer than the 1s and 2s what is the point, make it all random.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
"we were either going to be the #1 or the same spot because marquette couldnt go east and we couldnt go south".

No, we could have been in the midwest as the top 2 seed.

He doesn't even know how the bracket works that he was on the committtee for.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
"we were either going to be the #1 or the same spot because marquette couldnt go east and we couldnt go south".

No, we could have been in the midwest as the top 2 seed.

He doesn't even know how the bracket works that he was on the committtee for.

I've figured for a few years now that the ADs there are just rubber stamps/figureheads. The idea that people in their positions are devoting hours and hours to putting brackets together doesn't make sense. They'd have staffers doing that, and then they'd vote for that final proposal and end their weekend of networking and cocktail hours.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I've figured for a few years now that the ADs there are just rubber stamps/figureheads. The idea that people in their positions are devoting hours and hours to putting brackets together doesn't make sense. They'd have staffers doing that, and then they'd vote for that final proposal and end their weekend of networking and cocktail hours.
No way, I pictured these guys locked in a room 12 Angry Men style for hours upon hours.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
You guys help me out here. Did he vote this way simply to play in Omaha and yet had no thoughts or cares looking at Connecticut as the overall #1 seed?

• Informative
Reactions: TwinCitiesCy

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Thank God he is done on the committee... jfc

We've been seeded under the bracketmatrix average all of the last 3 years.

2022- 9.52 average (third 9)- seeded 11
2023- 5.19 average (highest 5) seeded 6
2024- 1.92 average (highest 2) seeded lowest 2

Will be interesting to see if that changes next year.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Curious, had WIsc fans bought up all tickets anticipating the site as B10 champ or did ISU fans get a presence there? I remember the game but not the crowd.

If we couldn't wedge our way into Milwaukee tickets I don't see how SDSU and Drake could with maybe 10% of the combined demand.

It's been almost a month that Omaha looked likely for ISU.

Me and a buddy went to Milwaukee and had $75(?) tkts for just the ISU session.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well after filling out my bracket I sure wish we would have been on the Purdue side that side looked kind of soft to me.

• Winner
Reactions: exCYtable