Jamie Pollard had us as the last 2 seed in his submission

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Wait what? He said they place teams closest to their home so he had an idea we would play SDSU. Princeton was a 15 seed last year and played in Sacramento. 15 seeds this year got special treatment for some odd reason. WKU plays in Indy which is closer than Marquette is to Indy.
I honestly think the committee forgets what they did the year before. They should really just build an algorithm by now but they need to feel powerful and create suspense for the selection show.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Wait what? He said they place teams closest to their home so he had an idea we would play SDSU. Princeton was a 15 seed last year and played in Sacramento. 15 seeds this year got special treatment for some odd reason. WKU plays in Indy which is closer than Marquette is to Indy.
I honestly think the committee forgets what they did the year before. They should really just build an algorithm by now but they need to feel powerful and create suspense for the selection show.

Have we EVER gotten a close first/second round site when we weren't an elite team? Genuinely asking.

Like have we ever played in Minn or KC or STL as a 10 seed the way Drake is? Sure doesn't feel like it but maybe selective memory. DesMoines and Omaha are relatively new in the rotation, does this mean next time we come in as a 9 seed we should buy some tickets for DesMoines because we're gonna get a home game against the Big Ten champ in DSM?

It's all insane. If you're not an elite team you should get shipped out, how else does it make any sense?

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
I think this is a position where you just have to be diplomatic and discrete and just take the heat in the name of professionalism.
lol wut!?

I think it would be in his best interest to (properly/correctly) advocate for his school to be the #1 seed. Ya know, because the full resume very, very clearly proves it deserved it.

JFC, this is irritating. He’s extremely irritating to listen to. Absolutely f***ing f*** being the last 2 seed - are you f***ing serious with this ****, Pollard?

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
The entire idea that your recent performance shouldn’t matter more than games that happened in November is monumentally stupid. Your recent form should absolutely mean more.

This just proves that the committee is full of pencil pushing nerds, get some ex-coaches, ex-players, people that actually know ball on the committee. That is if you want it to actually be about the competition and not just selling tickets.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
lol wut!?

I think it would be in his best interest to (properly/correctly) advocate for his school to be the #1 seed. Ya know, because the full resume very, very clearly proves it deserved it.

JFC, this is irritating. He’s extremely irritating to listen to. Absolutely f***ing f*** being the last 2 seed - are you f***ing serious with this ****, Pollard?
Ever heard of impartiality? That’s a prerequisite of the position.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
The entire idea that your recent performance shouldn’t matter more than games that happened in November is monumentally stupid. Your recent form should absolutely mean more.

This just proves that the committee is full of pencil pushing nerds, get some ex-coaches, ex-players, people that actually know ball on the committee. That is if you want it to actually be about the competition and not just selling tickets.

I mean ****, i'd settle for it actually meaning that recent performance shouldnt matter more.

They've reached a point where they are valuing the noncon more than the rest of the season while simultaneously ignoring the last week of the season. Its ******* asinine. Quality losses in november mean more than quality wins in march.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Have we EVER gotten a close first/second round site when we weren't an elite team? Genuinely asking.

Like have we ever played in Minn or KC or STL as a 10 seed the way Drake is? Sure doesn't feel like it but maybe selective memory. DesMoines and Omaha are relatively new in the rotation, does this mean next team we come in as a 9 seed we should buy some tickets for DesMoines because we're gonna get a home game against the Big Ten champ in DSM?

It's all insane. If you're not an elite team you should get shipped out, how else does it make any sense?

Yeah - 2 years ago in Milwaukee when we were an 11-seed. Sure, we were playing in Wisconsin's backyard, but under different circumstances that is an ideal spot for us as well - especially with all of the Wisconsin recruits we pull.

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines

This is my biggest problem with the committee. They all have other VERY important jobs to do! There’s no way they could possibly put the attention to detail needed to properly seed a tournament. And their logic is EXTREMELY flawed. How a team is playing recently is important, no?
Everyone who follows college basketball for a living said this was the worst jobs the committee has ever done. Listen to Field of 68 or CBS sports, they all say this was the worst they’ve seen.

And then look at the women’s committee, who actually took recency into account & seeded pretty nicely.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron