ISU Ranked on Worst FBS Uni's

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I also don't think ISU's uniforms are in the bottom 10 (You can't make such a list and not include at least ONE of Oregon's combinations.). But I did like the ones from 2003-2006 MUCH better. I liked the logo, the jersey's, everything. Just really pretty good looking uniforms.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
So, if the article says this:
but now they seem as if they’ve ripped off USC
wouldn't that mean USC would have to be in the bottom 10 as well? Unless, having stripes on the shoulders instead of a solid line makes the uniforms that much worse? :skeptical: What a crappy list. :twitcy:

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
Seriously, who IS this guy?!? Half the unis he listed aren't all that bad....I've seen much worse. If you put ISU on the list then wouldn't you have to put USC on the list as well? This is just another hack writer struggling to find something to write about.

AlleyAddict

Jan 19, 2010
Ames
49ers look? Dan McCarney "McDonalds" uniforms?

We may actually have a timeless and classic design right now and all people can do is complain about it for some reason.

The uniforms we have now are the classiest we've ever had, and I hope they stick around for a long time.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
49ers look? Dan McCarney "McDonalds" uniforms?

We may actually have a timeless and classic design right now and all people can do is complain about it for some reason.

The uniforms we have now are the classiest we've ever had, and I hope they stick around for a long time.

Exactly.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Yet another case where I let despair.com do the talking for me:

bloggingdemotivationalposter.jpg

cysocool

Jul 12, 2010
I love our current uniforms and hope we keep them for a long time. I really like the IState logo and the Cyclone font...

I always liked the all white away old uni's like the KC Chiefs, can anyone create all white version of the new look? White Jersey with White Pants and current IState helmet.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I really don't like "IState", either. I didn't when Pollard first pulled it out of his ***, and I don't now. I think it'll go away one year after Pollard is no longer the AD.

EEEE GADS I hope your righton bro, that I-State crap must go and while we're at it lets go back to ISU, thats actually who we are....anyway thats what I thought !!!!

I need to buy a new cap but I dont like that I State stuff so I will just dust off my old one and keep wearing it til something better comes acalling...

bstegs

SuperFanatic
Apr 11, 2006
Champaign, IL
Our Uniforms are hideus and they need to be changed. The coolest uni's i can think of were the all red and white uni's in 2005 by far.
Those were the worst uniforms that I have ever seen. They were flat out ugly. They looked like cheap practice uniforms.

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
Yardbarker.com. Now there is a trusted source for hard hitting sports news.

ISU is criticized for copying USC's uniforms, which it did. But USC is almost always on the list of best uniforms. So if ISU copied it, there's no way it can be on the worst list. So Yardbarker.com, whatever the **** that is, can kiss my ***.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
New uniforms are awesome.

I-State logo is classic college football.

I'm not a fan of the new circular secondary mark with Cy inside, but it's a secondary markl and it sounds like some people like it. The new age walking CY (outside of the circular mark) is cool though.

Last edited:

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I like out uniforms and the simplicity. I don't care that they look like USC. I like the old school feel. The uniforms are fine. People get their panties in a bunch over nothing.

The only thing I would change is our secondary logo wouldn't be that huge walking Cy, it would be the punching tornado or the old school walking Cy.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Are you really surprised by this?

I was commenting more about tornado man's love of Coach Mac more than the W/L record of the team.....I think that during the time we wore those uniforms we were still talked about as having ugly uniforms. They are unique and cool in retrospect but at the time I don't think they were that popular.

I like our uniforms now. Basic, clean and after we wear them long enough everyone will agree that they are good. The problem is we keep changing uniforms and nobody has grown up with the uniforms and once they do we change again. I'm all for continuity.