ISU Ranked on Worst FBS Uni's

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
That article was a major fail, steeped in bias. Either he doesn't like the 10 uniform's colors, or their logo...great great reasons. Iowa State doesn't belong on that list...Arizona State a close second.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
DOVXPBCDWNLOBCJ.20071107035821.jpg

Three possibilities:

1. Pollard came up with this design as a child.
2. Eric Heft is a time-travelling SOB, sent from our time to save the past.
3. I-State isn't a relatively new design.

This and I believe there are some pictures of old band uniforms from the 60-70's with it too.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I did some searching, and everything that I've found appears to show that it started with Pollard. I also cannot personally recall "IState" being used before Pollard. The closest that I can recall before Pollard was the "iastate" of ISU's internet domain name.

Didn't try hard enough.

DOVXPBCDWNLOBCJ.20071107035821.jpg

Three possibilities:

1. Pollard came up with this design as a child.
2. Eric Heft is a time-travelling SOB, sent from our time to save the past.
3. I-State isn't a relatively new design.

Good job! :yes: Hugs has always a disregard for Pollard.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I really don't like "IState", either. I didn't when Pollard first pulled it out of his ***, and I don't now. I think it'll go away one year after Pollard is no longer the AD.

I hope not. It's a good logo and we could use a little continuity.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Wow...Haverhill if you photoshopped those...good job, but those look terrible in terms of design. I loathe the new logo/gear...we took two (or three) steps back with that decision.

Take a look at that stuff on Cy's Locker Room...enough to make you puke. Here we are trying to establish an identity with the correct colors, and they throw in this kids cartoon and a radioactive red color on merchandise.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
I really don't like "IState", either. I didn't when Pollard first pulled it out of his ***, and I don't now. I think it'll go away one year after Pollard is no longer the AD.

yea..let's change our logo and uniforms again.. Every three years. How else can we have a national identity?

I know~~~ change the uniform!! change the logo!!

It's what Iowa, USC, Nebraska, Penn St have done. Change their fricking uni's every three years.

good god. Some of you must of flunked Mrketing 101

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I could handle another jersey change (I do like our current ones though), as those happen regularly throughout college football. But, I don't want another logo change. For the love of God, please stick with this logo. It's simple and starting to gain national recognition. Let's not start over, again.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Wow...Haverhill if you photoshopped those...good job, but those look terrible in terms of design. I loathe the new logo/gear...we took two (or three) steps back with that decision.

Take a look at that stuff on Cy's Locker Room...enough to make you puke. Here we are trying to establish an identity with the correct colors, and they throw in this kids cartoon and a radioactive red color on merchandise.

Haha, I like it, and have wanted gold helmets for a while. I took the gold right out of the logo and its not quite the shade I'd use but it was on the fly so it's not as good as it could be.

White helmets were also considered by the athletic department, but were rejected heavily by the fanbase.

52680121.jpg

Btw, I'm making these on teambuilder for NCAA Football 11. teambuilder.easports.com

Last edited:

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008

Out of his ***? Don't forget it was a poll, with 2 other options.

Splendid

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
I like our uniforms better than those of USC. I especially love our striped shoulders and find them very attractive on the ladies that wear them on gameday. Heres to hoping we see 20,000 worn by both sexes this fall!

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I did some searching, and everything that I've found appears to show that it started with Pollard. I also cannot personally recall "IState" being used before Pollard. The closest that I can recall before Pollard was the "iastate" of ISU's internet domain name.

I have a clock from the late 60's or early 70's that says I State. Just about like the current logo but not as fancy with shading.

CY22

Sep 14, 2008
IA
Would love to see Haverhill or someone else do a helmet photoshopped with the old/updated cyclone cy. Was a huge fan of it and was a bit frustrated it was never given as an option for the new helmet design with it's updated colors (thank God someone finally took out the blue!). Personally think it would look sweet on either a white or gold helmet, cardinal might work but would probably be too much.
6a00d834515db069e2010536b5e322970c-800wi

Reactions: Rods79

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Haha, I like it, and have wanted gold helmets for a while. I took the gold right out of the logo and its not quite the shade I'd use but it was on the fly so it's not as good as it could be.

White helmets were also considered by the athletic department, but were rejected heavily by the fanbase.

52680121.jpg

Btw, I'm making these on teambuilder for NCAA Football 11. teambuilder.easports.com

Ha, that takes all the mystique out of it...but still, good job. I'm not as against white helmets when you add the stripes. However, I still prefer a minimalist solid color helmet when it is cardinal or gold (not a fan of all the stripes mixed together randomly on the uniform).

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
This and I believe there are some pictures of old band uniforms from the 60-70's with it too.

The picture is from '87, but the two guys in the background are wearing "throwback" band unis from 1978.

Cy-homecoming-1987.jpg