ISU Athletics: No More Spin

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
The last few years have been both exciting (new hires, upgraded facilities) but also very, very frustrating (loses, player/coach departures).

In the last few years, we've replaced our FB coach twice and now our wrestling coach twice. Many already want us to replace our MBB coach for the 2nd time as well (and it will become a reality if wins don't come in the next couple years).

We lost a top-notch basketball player that left town "in the middle of the night" without so much as a good-bye, a FB coach that many thought would be the savior to the program but did very little but lie to fans/players/assistants. A number of other basketball players. And now, not only what many believe to be a great wrestling coach, but a ISU alum like no other before him.

All of these people chose to leave ISU prematurely - most without a "thanks for the memories" or a care of the program they left behind.

We're still trying to get this football program back to its mediocre level from earlier this decade and hopefully someday, beyond that. MBB is nearing an all-time low for ISU and the near future (and perhaps long-term) seems to hing directly on one player staying for his 3rd season and/or another local player deciding to remain in his hometown or depart for a more storied program. Wrestling won't fall off the map, but losing Cael is a far bigger blow than anything else suffered to date, IMO. At least from a fan and alum perspective...a guy many thought would retire here.

You can try to tell me ISU athletics is in good shape all ya want, but this data and the mounting losses prove otherwise And these new facilities have to be paid for somehow. I just hope there are enough fans willing to stick around and foot the bill.

Last edited:
Reactions: clones_jer

Jack34

It's Fun to have Fun.
Jan 16, 2007
The last few years have been both exciting (new hires, upgraded facilities) but also very, very frustrating (loses, player/coach departures).

In the last few years, we've replaced our FB coach twice and now our wrestling coach twice. Many already want us to replace our MBB coach for the 2nd time as well (and it will become a reality if wins don't come in the next couple years).

We lost a top-notch basketball player that left town "in the middle of the night" without so much as a good-bye, a FB coach that many thought would be the savior to the program but did very little but lie to fans/players/assistants. A number of other basketball players. And now, not only what many believe to be a great wrestling coach, but a ISU alum like no other before him.

All of these people chose to leave ISU prematurely - most without a "thanks for the memories" or a care of the program they left behind.

We're still trying to get this football program back to its mediocre level from earlier this decade and hopefully someday, beyond that. MBB is nearing an all-time low for ISU and the near future (and perhaps long-term) seems to hing directly on one player staying for his 3rd season and/or another local player deciding to remain in his hometown or depart for a more storied program. Wrestling won't fall off the map, but losing Cael is a far bigger blow than anything else suffered to date, IMO.

You can try to tell me ISU athletics is in good shape all ya want, but this data and the mounting losses prove otherwise And these new facilities have to be paid for somehow. I just hope there are enough fans willing to stick around and foot the bill.

+1

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
It's easy to cheer when we win. Now's the time to prove you're a true Cyclone.

All I know is you'll find me next fall in the stands cheering for whoever the players and coaches are.

Reactions: djcubby and kkise

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
Iowa State athletics is not in good shape whatsoever. I believe that if we go something like 2-10 in football again and McDermott has another losing season that Pollard HAS to go. The results on the field of play have been terrible since Jamie arrived.

Reactions: Whitey

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
It's easy to cheer when we win. Now's the time to prove you're a true Cyclone.

All I know is you'll find me next fall in the stands cheering for whoever the players and coaches are.

when was that again?

no more lectures - anyone that's an ISU fan KNOWS all about losing. we get that part.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Iowa State is the good-looking, but too nice of a guy that the really hot chicks just don't like.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Iowa State athletics is not in good shape whatsoever. I believe that if we go something like 2-10 in football again and McDermott has another losing season that Pollard HAS to go. The results on the field of play have been terrible since Jamie arrived.
I can envision all the Kool-Aid drinkers reading this and throwing up their guts...

The great Jamie Leaving?....Surely you must be smoking dope to even entertain such heresy!!!

Be rest assured that "the little book keeper" will talk his way out of this one and tell all the Kool-Aid drinkers how bright the future is!

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I will never stop cheering for my Cyclones no matter how bleak, but this is the worst I can remember (I am 23.) Been a fan since middle school, I am just bewildered at this point. Pollard is on a SHORT, SHORT leash now. This is seriously trying to ruin my VEISHEA experience...won't...let...happen...*chug*

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
I will never stop cheering for my Cyclones no matter how bleak, but this is the worst I can remember (I am 23.) Been a fan since middle school, I am just bewildered at this point. Pollard is on a SHORT, SHORT leash now. This is seriously trying to ruin my VEISHEA experience...won't...let...happen...*chug*

screw it - I've supported JP too long.

with this post I am officially on the Fire JP bandwagon.

Reactions: CyBobby

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron