ISU (-20.5) opening line vs. Louisiana-Monroe

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I hope the team is more focused on ULM than we fans are! I had to go down to thread #10 to find the first ULM thread. Iowa is behind the Cyclones like the methane gas they are. Time to start talking about the WarHawks! Anybody around here go to the game in 1980 - when they were known as the NE Louisiana Indians?

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Have either of you watched Florida State this year? They are hot garbage on both sides of the football. I'm not making fun of you here I'm just letting you know they are bad bad bad. Lol
They are definitely struggling by FSU standards, but they have also played a tough schedule. ISU might be (1-2) or worse if they played Boise State (3-0) and @ Virginia (3-0), both of which are quality teams as good or better than Iowa (3-0) IMO. I think ULM is going to give the Cyclones all they want on Saturday. Hope I am wrong and the Cyclones can win without all of the drama of the past two weeks (OT, Hailstorms, etc.). Let's Go State!

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They are definitely struggling by FSU standards, but they have also played a tough schedule. ISU might be (1-2) or worse if they played Boise State (3-0) and @ Virginia (3-0), both of which are quality teams as good or better than Iowa (3-0) IMO. I think ULM is going to give the Cyclones all they want on Saturday. Hope I am wrong and the Cyclones can win without all of the drama of the past two weeks (OT, Hailstorms, etc.). Let's Go State!
Neither Boise State or Virginia is better than Iowa and the AP poll shows that currently. Florida State has good players but their program is in complete shambles right now. They can barely get people to show up to their games and they're probably going to finish in the bottom half of the ACC..and the ACC is not very good this year. And of course ULM is going to give Iowa State their best game but barring anything crazy, this will be a sure W for Iowa State, which is why Vegas put the line where it's at.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Neither Boise State or Virginia is better than Iowa and the AP poll shows that currently. Florida State has good players but their program is in complete shambles right now. They can barely get people to show up to their games and they're probably going to finish in the bottom half of the ACC..and the ACC is not very good this year. And of course ULM is going to give Iowa State their best game but barring anything crazy, this will be a sure W for Iowa State, which is why Vegas put the line where it's at.
The AP Poll is just an opinion not a fact. Boise State and Virginia may or may not be better than Iowa, but the ranking this week does not absolutely prove that either way. Time will tell!

fyi: I don't disagree with Vegas lines often, as they are very good at what they do. I hope you are right, and I am pleasantly surprised on Saturday! I'd still take ULM + points if I was a betting man.

As for the attendance, FSU is doing just fine. Even with the Boise State game being moved with just 2 days notice from Jacksonville (3 hours East of Tallahassee) due to Hurricane Dorian to Doak, they still drew 50, 000 fans (with a Hurricane heading toward the state). Their attendance is down a bit, but they fill most of their 79,000 seat stadium most of the time.

I do agree that FSU has good players, but the program is heading in the wrong direction. They were still in both the BSU and @ UVA games until the final play. If ULM can play with the Seminoles, they should be able to play with the Cyclones.

I hope I am wrong! I'd love a Cyclone blowout!

:)

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The AP Poll is just an opinion not a fact. Boise State and Virginia may or may not be better than Iowa, but the ranking this week does not absolutely prove that either way. Time will tell!

fyi: I don't disagree with Vegas lines often, as they are very good at what they do. I hope you are right, and I am pleasantly surprised on Saturday! I'd still take ULM + points if I was a betting man.

As for the attendance, FSU is doing just fine. Even with the Boise State game being moved with just 2 days notice from Jacksonville (3 hours East of Tallahassee) due to Hurricane Dorian to Doak, they still drew 50, 000 fans (with a Hurricane heading toward the state). Their attendance is down a bit, but they fill most of their 79,000 seat stadium most of the time.

I do agree that FSU has good players, but the program is heading in the wrong direction. They were still in both the BSU and @ UVA games until the final play. If ULM can play with the Seminoles, they should be able to play with the Cyclones.

I hope I am wrong! I'd love a Cyclone blowout!

:)
I'm in no way saying Iowa State has this game in the bag.. I mean c'mon we're Iowa State fans. Lol what I'm saying is that Coach Campbell has his program in way better terms than Willie Taggart does at FSU. If our offense figures their crap out, we'll cover. If we don't, I see us winning by 13-17. Who knows, that's why you play the game!

• Agree
Reactions: AlaCyclone

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I hope the team is more focused on ULM than we fans are! I had to go down to thread #10 to find the first ULM thread. Iowa is behind the Cyclones like the methane gas they are. Time to start talking about the WarHawks! Anybody around here go to the game in 1980 - when they were known as the NE Louisiana Indians?

There is nothing setting up well for us in this game. Perhaps we'll just suddenly get everything to click but I don't see that happening. How many games has CMC even beat a team by 20? (edt: I counted 5 but only 1 last year and that was @ KU 27-3) He hates running up the score unless absolutely necessary.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
There is nothing setting up well for us in this game. Perhaps we'll just suddenly get everything to click but I don't see that happening. How many games has CMC even beat a team by 20? (edt: I counted 5 but only 1 last year and that was @ KU 27-3) He hates running up the score unless absolutely necessary.
So now you're mad we're not blowing teams out? Lol. Man our fan base is hard to please. We also haven't lost a game by more than 14 points in the last 3 years, and that one time was @ Texas last year. Let's all just take a deep breath.

• Winner
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The annual tradition of Shi**ing on the team by week 4 is truly a tradition unlike any other... Seriously have you freakin people not learned anything over the last 3 years?

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Doc and AlaCyclone

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
So now you're mad we're not blowing teams out? Lol. Man our fan base is hard to please. We also haven't lost a game by more than 14 points in the last 3 years, and that one time was @ Texas last year. Let's all just take a deep breath.
You’re mad about a guy determining whether a spread is worth making a bet on? Bringing up not losing by more than 14 is nice, but unless the line swings to ISU +15 is just being insecure and overly sensitive. Perhaps it is you should take a deep breath.

This line seems similar to the UNI one. It’s likely we’ll need non-offensive TDs to win by that many imo, which ULM may facilitate more than UNI

• Agree
Reactions: AlaCyclone

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010

Who said I was mad? Just looking at a betting line and which side would be the logical choice and why.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You’re mad about a guy determining whether a spread is worth making a bet on? Bringing up not losing by more than 14 is nice, but unless the line swings to ISU +15 is just being insecure and overly sensitive. Perhaps it is you should take a deep breath.

This line seems similar to the UNI one. It’s likely we’ll need non-offensive TDs to win by that many imo, which ULM may facilitate more than UNI
I think I might have looked as his statement of this "not sitting well for ISU" as the outcome and not the spread. I apologize for taking it that way. I actually agree that we may not cover the spread.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Who said I was mad? Just looking at a betting line and which side would be the logical choice and why.
I know I know I was mistaking you saying "it doesn't sit well" as you thinking about the outcome of the game itself and not the spread. That is my bad.

• Friendly
Reactions: khardbored

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
The annual tradition of Shi**ing ion the team by week 4 is truly a tradition unlike any other... Seriously have you freakin people not learned anything over the last 3 years?

Same people that will be wondering if we can make the CFP after blowing out a conference opponent in week 2.

• Funny
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
FSU is absolute garbage this year

I might just go and watch that replay. FSU did go on the road and was in the game at #25 Virginia. So, it could be that the ACC is garbage outside of Clemson or this is going to be a decent non-P5 team.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I might just go and watch that replay. FSU did go on the road and was in the game at #25 Virginia. So, it could be that the ACC is garbage outside of Clemson or this is going to be a decent non-P5 team.

It's definitely Clemson, then 2 or 3 decent teams, then the rest garbage.